Home Crown User Forum Crown Amplifiers
Options

Crown CTs600 questions

Hi! I just "inherited" a basically un-used Crown CTs600 amp from a local church, and want to use it in a small PA system for an open mic. My qustions are:
It designates that this amp is recommended for "installations"... does that mean that it won't like being dragged around and typical road handling? Or is it just that the input/output connections are more for hard-wiring into place, not XLR's, Speakons, or the like?
And .. I have only one of the three-pin input barrier blocks used attach the input from the mixer. I could use the Y function (for mono) switch, but I'd LIKE to use both channel outs from the mixer. Where can I buy another of those small black input blocks? I can't seem to find them.
Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Options

Don't know what to tell you about the "installations" bit. The way I see it the amp is advertised as being a "professional" model and can be rack mounted. If that's the case mount it in a rack and treat it accordingly and try not to drop it off the back of the truck. Been der, dun dat. The secret? The more rugged the case the better.

Not a clue on the input doodads.

• Options
    MROgleMROgle Posts: 2

I didn't know if I should treat it any differently, or if it was just the connections that make the difference. Most other amps I've had used quick-connect jacks. Maybe that's the only difference.
    I'm certainly not going to drop it off the truck. But that's just me... no promises from the other users, lol....

• Options
    scytechscytech Posts: 148

Somewhere on the forum someone Crown has asked for the pn for a phoenix connector...
    Ah! : The part # can be found on page 7 of the owner’s manual (5024623) https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/507090-crown-5024623-phoenix-connector6-pin-mates-w-502116

Alain