Home Crown User Forum Crown Amplifiers
Options

Crown CTs8200 switching on/off ?

Hello.
Okay I have x3 Crown CTs8200 and one of them now and then switches on/off?
Is it a thermal heat issue as it appears to be okay no detected overheated I can sense all appears okay.
Is it a relay switching that is connected to part of the amps circuity to be switching on/off that may be a part that has failed and needs to be de-soldered and new part put in. I think and believe it is a failed part and simple repair.
Or could it be the power supply?

The amp runs fine for use with powering speakers for surrounds on their own CTs8200 amplifier and often never over ran in terms of dB and most of the time the amp is idle with nothing playing and it switching on/off. This maybe a common issue with the CTs8200 or CTs series and someone knows what the fault is and how to repair within few minutes.
If someone knows how to repair it and can show me with pictures the known part that is failing?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    scytechscytech Posts: 148

I would look into the LVPS (low voltage power supply) module. You may discover some bloated electrolytic caps.
    Also, the SMPS switching devices may need refurbishment: clean and replace thermal paste from devices to heatsink.

Alain