Home Crown User Forum Crown Amplifiers
Options

Crown i-tech 4x3500hd different temperatures

Hello.
I have an amplifier Crown i-tech 4x3500hd.
And channel 3 is always warmer then the others. It has plus 2-3 degrees Celsius. Is it issue? Thank you

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230

Doesn't sound like an issue, esp because you say it's working correctly. It may be a relevant piece of info if the amp had some other issue but a 2-3-C° difference between channels shouldn't be a concern.

Is there adequate ventilation around it, is it in a rack with other gear, and/or are any air inlet/outlet passages blocked?

• Options
    shalamov_vshalamov_v Posts: 6
    edited March 2019
    > @HARMAN_Rob said:
    > Doesn't sound like an issue, esp because you say it's working correctly. It may be a relevant piece of info if the amp had some other issue but a 2-3-C° difference between channels shouldn't be a concern.
    >
    > Is there adequate ventilation around it, is it in a rack with other gear, and/or are any air inlet/outlet passages blocked?

Amplifier is in rack. Thire is a disstance from all sides. But why has amplifier this difference of temperatures between channels?
  • Options
    HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230

I couldn't say without more info.

Is this the same amp that you changed the fan (or fans) on? Maybe a different fan speed or different CFM spec could affect temperatures across the channels.

If you're still concerned, I'd recommend a quick call to HARMAN Pro Tech Support.