Home Crown User Forum Crown Amplifiers
Options

Bridging Mode

I have been asked to help fix a audio system for a local organization. They have a Crown CH2 for the amp and Atlas speakers. It looks as if they are using a 70v system but it causing them issues.
Can I use bridged mode to power the speakers without the use of 70v or 140v. Looking for options.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    JensenJensen Posts: 9

Is this what you are looking for? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLRvoRdYVE

• Options

Tjeffords

I recommend calling technical support for help with this issue. You shouldn't change to or away from 70v if you are unsure of what kind of speakers you have or their wattage capacities.

• Options
    scytechscytech Posts: 148

Typically, in a distributed system, all speakers should have an input transformer preset for 70V/100V applications. If removing the 70V connections at the amp and the amp then behaves normally, then a possible issue with the speaker network. Perhaps a shorted transformer on a speaker line, or improperly set transformer somewhere.
    Technical : Also, you may have an issue with the amp! :) Make sure amp is to specs. Verify low voltage supply (regulators). Caps should be removed and checked. Apply thermal paste to regulators. Refurbish and bias adjust output devices. If needed contact Crown or authorized technician.
    Alain