Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

New top boxes to match our subs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks heaps for your opinions and advice.

DRA
    There's not much not to like about the MG mixers. We used the onboard effects for a while, but now use a studio quad rack unit instead so we have midi control of the effects. The onboard effects sounded really nice and we could happily use those if we didn't want to use three or four effects settings. We don't use the onboard 7 band graphics but if these were all you had and weren't expecting miracles, I'm sure they would do an ok job. The faders can feel a bit cheapish (I think these desks are made in China) but we haven't had any failures in the couple of years we've used it. Overall for the price point, they seem like a good desk. I think they'd be ideal for small plug and play setups if you didn't want outboard effects and EQs to worry about. That said, I'm in the embryonic stage of learning about sound mixing, despite my age...
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    In my experience.. the channel EQ's suck
    the 7 band carpet bomber is useless, and there is very little headroom on the board...
    Don't like em...
    :roll: