Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

When you're bored, show off your stuff!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Buzz LightyearBuzz Lightyear Posts: 75
    edited January 2009
    I had an e-mail from Jason @ dbx with the pink noise track and some other great info and I don't know what happened to it. Probably on the desktop at the place that I worked at...but it closed down the day AFTER Christmas.

At any rate, I was referring to the pink noise track from Binkster. When I ran it through the board (Pioneer DJM-909) I could not get it much higher than 5db (red line is +14db). The other Pioneer boards I ran it through had no problem achieving that. This way I had a consistent signal from the board into the DRPA so I could set the gain structure properly and have some headroom in turn. Therefore, I increased the signal level of the Binkster track to the extent it did not distort, burned it to CD, and I was able to achieve a high enough signal through the board to clip it then back it down.

What specifically are you inquiring to as to my set up configuration? EQ, Limiter, X-OVER, etc.?

And I have been utilizing my own knowledge included with the FAQ information on the forum and the main dbx site. Like I said, I had done this for a few years but it was a while ago and technological progression has as well all know, far surpassed a lot of what I had learned.

:) ~buzz~
  • Options
    Oh! I forgot to add, No way I use the RTA in this application. I use my ear as best can. The rack is nowhere near where the mains are. I am about 40 feet away towards the top of a large storage closet. There's a lot of climbing up and walking back and forth. Once I get all the basics, I play the music typical of the nightclub and tune the EQ to that.
  • Options
    pn-1.jpg
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    hmmm...odd, not so sure what is going on...Works fine for me, but then all my stuff is big mixers.
    G
    Nice graphic... 8)
  • Options
    I said the same thing to myself when I ran it through the 909. The Pioneer DJM-700 and DJM-800 have no problem doing it. The DJM-909 however, wouldn't.

:::shrugs:::

~buzz~
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Does the 909 have a compressor built in?
    :?:
  • Options
    I don't know, I'm actually reading through the PDF manual right now...
  • Options
    Effect #35 in its' database is a compressor. However, I was able to use my newly adjusted sound track and clip the meters on the board in the same way I tried with the old one. Could have been the CD player which is not the same type CDJ as in other venues...

*Which is the same output as all the others.