Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

Mono sub output into two amplifiers?

mjastrzebskimjastrzebski Posts: 4
I just got my Driverack 260 and can't figure out how to route the outputs.

I am running passive tops in stereo with an amp in stereo

I am running the subs in mono with a separate amp in bridge for each sub.

In the stereo main / mono sub configuration, the outputs of the driverack are 1. Left 2. Right 3. sub

How can I route the sub to both outputs 3 and 4, or 3 and any other output?

Thanks

Comments

• kennykenny Posts: 15
    Why not just run 2x4 crossover ?
  • The 2 X 4 crossover is an option.

I was under the impression that the stereo image disappears with lower frequencies. Thus, sub should be run mono.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    hmmm
    The 260 can route any input to any output The config button allows access to the different crossover configurations, and to the delays to allow reconfiguration...the manual shows 2x3 and 2x4 and are easily asignable.

Low end is omnidirectional, but if you had several subs you can do power shading with them.

let me know if you have further questions

gadget
  • kennykenny Posts: 15
    I messed around with driveware and came up with this dwp file. I only did the routing part.....you will need to set your crossover points and all the other settings.

http://www.driverack.com/drug/view_thre ... d_id=41598

Look at the the file that says 260passivetopsdualmonosub.

Maybe Gadget or someone else has a better way to do what you want, but I didn't see any other way.

Kenny
  • Kenny,

Thanks.

The lightbulb just went on...

I opened the file you created. It took me about a minute to understand how the driverack config works. I read the manual a half a dozen times and could not grasp the setup.

Thank you again!