Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Connectivity

help with setup and tunning

phuthophutho Posts: 5
edited March 2012 in Connectivity
Hello all,
I have 166xl hookup to main out from mackie 1604 vlz pro mixer. I just bought DBX 260. My question is how to hookup the 260 to the system? And what manufacture setup should i select to make it sound good?

My system setup now is this:

mackie 1604 is my mixer-aux 1 and 2 send and return to elesis quadraverb effect. main insert go to dbx 166xl. main out go to bose controller and the go to QSC amp and to bose 802 speakers. and also from bose controller, the low frequency out go to Harbinger HP118S Powered Subwoofer.

How to set up dbx 260 to sound the best is live application? Should i insert the 260 between the main out and bose controller? What eq do you suggest for my system? or should I just use the automatic eq.

Thank you

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Can you include you usage? It would be very helpful to know all your input sources. You will definately change the role of the 166.

DRA
  • phuthophutho Posts: 5
    hello all,
    our main usage are for solo, choir singing at church. we have four musicians. two guitarist, 1 drummer, 1 keyboard. we also want to use it for dj/karaoke set up at parish center.
    thank you
    2 guitars? Is one of them a bass? Or are you using the keys for that purpose?

DRA
    Yes one is bass.
    Thanks
    I would like to be more clear about the use of the 260. I want to use it for room EQ and feedback eliminator.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Mixer>Driverack>Blose controller>QSC amp> Blose speakers...
    Gadget...Be nice!

P., have you done the 260 tutorial in the Training section above? If not, do. It will really help you with some answers, and allow you to ask more direct questions. Will you be using the Driveware to control the 260 by a computer? (You should.)

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Oh all right... :mrgreen: