Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

Cant get passed Step 23A on DR PA Set up (2-way)

buttssbuttss Posts: 8
edited June 2013 in Configuration Wizard
Hi,

I'm set up running Stereo....2 1-18 subs and 2 SF-15 JBLS (mains)....I'm running on Preset 2 (Stereo 2-way)....whenever i get to step 23A, the pink noise stays on, but never gives me that prompt "Set to Performance Level", so i can go one to 24A where the Auto EQ takes over.....

Notes: THis last time i ran thru the process, it was much louder on the right side than the left (mic is split in the middle)....the overall volume of the pink noise however, is not that loud; far from "performance level"....the LED's are lighting up like its doing its job but i cant get past this step....it stays here forever....please help, really discouraged right now....thanks! Mark

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Sounds like you might have a bad mic cable and the phantom power isn't powering the mic...I ASSUME you are using a measurement mic? Oh, and placing the mic in the middle of a pair of speakers is a sure fire recipe for disaster...REGARDLESS what the manual says... Find the "Start here" threads, and the FAQ's and do some reading.. all you need to know is there...
  • buttssbuttss Posts: 8
    I am using a RTA mic for measuring....and i know the mic cable is in good working condition....I also did try pointing the RTA at one side....same results.....BUT, i'm not sure i had the phantom pwr on!!!! (eFFFFFF) Thx for the quick response...I will try that this am and see what happens.....thx again....
    The mic needs to be plugged into the RTA port on the DRPA... it's automatic as far as the phantom power... take the cable, and mic and plug it into the mixer and engage the phantom on the board and see if it works there...
    I turned on the Phntm Pwr on the board and tried the RTA mic and it worked fine......back to square one.....
    Thx for the YouTube vid! Been there done that, and read a LOT of posts; however, it still gets hung up in the exact same spot...i have followed that vid to the T, it gets to where i start turning up the pink noise, and bam, it stays there forever....and comes out louder out of one speaker?!?!? The overall pink noise is not that loud tho, far from performance level.....Yet, if i run the pa thru one of the pre-sets, it cranks out music fine over the pa.....it just hasn't completed an EQ set up completely.....Mark
    Try a hard reset... you WILL loose all your modified presets though.. this is a DRPA and not a DRPA+ right?
    This is a Driverack PA correct...(not the +)....I will try the hard reset and see what happens....thx...
    OK....i did the hard reset....It is still doing the exact same stuff as i mentioned previously......
    Contact Tech Support...
    Last thing: Am I supposed to have my Master faders on my board up when going thru this step (23A)? Somebody told me i should?!?!? If this is true, that step is completely missing from the start up guide....i tore down my PA and its back in the trailer (wife needed her spot in the garage) so i can't even confirm this.....frustrating.....
    The mixer plays NO part in the Auto EQ sequence...it's strictly between the Driverack and the amps/speakers...
  • recoveryrecovery Posts: 15
    I have been having the same problem with "set to performance level" never happening
    w/DRPA+....It has worked, but usually does not. I measure 14 volts on pins 2 & 3 from DRPA+, cord is good, dbx rta mic sounds weak when plugged into board to test.
    dbx tech says selecting custom speakers in setup is cause, and to skip balance.
    Auto eq has issues with level too. Shouting into mic helps to trick unit sometimes.
    I am taking mic to store for comparison with new mic.
  • recoveryrecovery Posts: 15
    In my situation. it was the mic...problem went from working sometimes to not at all. when I checked the mic again it just made scratchy static sounds, and that was what I was seeing lighting up the input meters.