Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Configuration Wizard

driverack p2

Audio309Audio309 Posts: 9
edited June 2014 in Configuration Wizard
I just got my drpa2 yesterday and I was wondering how to customize outputs. Is it possible to assign the outputs like this. Out1) left - right stereo full range (ev elx215) out2 left right stereo full range (ev sx500+) and finally out3 ev sb180 stereo subs. Then I would apply ranges and hp lp settings. If it's not possible then I need to return this asap. Seems super easy in the "other guys" rack.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Set up a 2 x 6 (bi-amp with subs). Select customs for all.
    Extend the high x-over down to say 100hz (or wherever you want).
    Extend the mid x-over up and down to match the high band.
    Set the sub x-over accordingly.

The one potential problem I see it that when the auto eq and leveling is done, there may be some confusion.
    You may have to not use the wizard in these steps

DRA
    You might consider putting the matched cabs on left and right vs high and mid. That way the Auto EQ can eq each set individually. You could still separate them in placement.

DRA
  • Audio309Audio309 Posts: 9
    So if i use preset 89 then i should be able to customize the four full range and stereo subs?? Am i reading preset 89 correctly? That should give me two left and two right full range and then stereo subs correct?
    Yes. I would prefer to use slot 1, as oppose to slot 89, but that is just me.

DRA
    I just figured preset 89 was what i needed so it would be easier than starting from scratch?? But now that I think about it I know what you are saying. I could use slot one and load the settings from list into slot one.
    I am not familiar with the PA2, but if it is like the 260 you might be able to use 89 then modify and save into slot 1. It might be worth checking out..

DRA
    Just saw that there is a rebate for free RTA mic. If you didn't know, check it out.

DRA
    I'm sending it back so I won't get the mic. Gonna order the ultradrive. The pa2 is not user friendly unless you own harman products. Customizing the range for ev speakers is a pain in the butt. I setup preset 13 and have no idea where to set sub hp and lp. The old DARPA had a setup button at least to customize each output. On the ultradrive you just select the output on unit and config away. Sorry gang, this just isn't for me. Maybe my expectations were way too high.
    The DRPA never had a "Set-up" button to change the configuration (2-way to 3-way, etc). You always had to do an initial config from the Wizard to tell it what outputs to make active.
    I was curious to hear your comments about the Auto EQ using the parametric eqs. I always thought the processing power would never be enough to accomplish that... but here it is.

DRA
    if i could figure out a way to "assign" s and t to highs, u and v to mids and w and x to lows then assign freq and filter settings Id be happy. Should be easier. When i tap the home icon on the software, i see the channel strip flow chart, but nothing for the low end. It just shows LR and LR