Home JBL Professional User Forum JBL Pro Live Portable Products

Eon One Compact Question

Hello....new member here (having just bought JBL Eon One Compact).
One question not covered in the user guide....does the internal battery continue to be charged when plugged into the mains supply, but with the speaker is turned off?

Thank you.....Brian

Comments

• Hi, I recently purchased the JBL Eon One Compact, after making some adjustments to the JBL app when i play music that has a heavy bass usage i notice that the Master Volume goes from solid green light to a blinking red light. It doesn’t matter if the volume is set to low or high same result. So when you physically hear the bass you can see the flashing red light. my question is is this normal or is it mean something is wrong.

• Can't say that I've noticed that on mine, but I'll take a look and report back.

• @MrDaynNite said:
    Hi, I recently purchased the JBL Eon One Compact, after making some adjustments to the JBL app when i play music that has a heavy bass usage i notice that the Master Volume goes from solid green light to a blinking red light. It doesn’t matter if the volume is set to low or high same result. So when you physically hear the bass you can see the flashing red light. my question is is this normal or is it mean something is wrong.

Yes, I've just tried my bass through the Compact and as you say, master volume turns red, I presume when overdriven. Must be an "in built" limiter, which is no bad thing.
    I have not checked the user guide or online advice, but I would never play my bass through it anyway and I don't go anywhere near those sort of volume levels with my vocal/acoustic setup.
    Good luck!

• @theonemanband said:
    Hello....new member here (having just bought JBL Eon One Compact).
    One question not covered in the user guide....does the internal battery continue to be charged when plugged into the mains supply, but with the speaker is turned off?

Thank you.....Brian

Did you resolve this question? My units do not appear to be charging at all regardless of how or when I plug them in. Have you had any issues?

• wyattsjblwyattsjbl Posts: 2
    edited September 2020

CHARGING HELP PLEASE
    Two brand new EON Compact units. Units do not always charge . Sometimes do or don't. No logic. No detailed instructions regarding charging included with units or available online. -- I plug the units in when they are powered ON, and sometimes, the battery indicator says it's charging, other times it just stays red and doesn't indicate charging. I unplug the units and power them OFF, then plug them in and nothing happens at all. No battery indicator lights at all. --- I have reset the units, then removed the batteries, then replace the batteries and tried again. No charging. Even overnight. Tried updating firmware but there is no option to do that in the app. --- Seems doubtful that TWO brand new units would both have bad batteries.... Seems more likely to be a software or electronics issue. JBL Direct handed me off to Harmon. Harmon said reset the units and then handed me back to JBL with no resolutions... Grrr.... Anythoughts? Please help!

• @wyattsjbl said:
    CHARGING HELP PLEASE
    Two brand new EON Compact units. Units do not always charge . Sometimes do or don't. No logic. No detailed instructions regarding charging included with units or available online. -- I plug the units in when they are powered ON, and sometimes, the battery indicator says it's charging, other times it just stays red and doesn't indicate charging. I unplug the units and power them OFF, then plug them in and nothing happens at all. No battery indicator lights at all. --- I have reset the units, then removed the batteries, then replace the batteries and tried again. No charging. Even overnight. Tried updating firmware but there is no option to do that in the app. --- Seems doubtful that TWO brand new units would both have bad batteries.... Seems more likely to be a software or electronics issue. JBL Direct handed me off to Harmon. Harmon said reset the units and then handed me back to JBL with no resolutions... Grrr.... Anythoughts? Please help!

Have you updated the firmware? You can find this by clicking "mixer" on your linked speaker, and then navigating to FIRMWARE at the top. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to further help.

• brecbbrecb Posts: 1

Very similar charging problems, to those of wyattsjbl, here too. Smacks of a firmware issue, or battery seating issue, or battery issue. WIth Brandon's question of updating the firmware, it seems to be leaning towards a known firmware issue. I have tried the firmware update ten's of times from the App (Android v1.0.3). It finds a new version (5.1.2, currently 5.0.8), and tries to start the upgrade, with a 0% progress bar, and then pops up with words to the effect of 'cannot connect'. Have also tried the press-hold of Ducking and Mic/Line and Ducking and Phantom to do Software and Factory Resets (seen in other posts by Brandon) but these didn't subsequently help the firmware update get past this point.
    Such a promising design, and product concept (not to mention the impressive sound), but seems to be seriously let down by its implementation and product testing.
    (Several other niggles have been observed, but I won't list here - might become constructive user feedback if this charging/firmware business gets sorted, before this promising unit gets sent back).

• Hi, I have the same issue with the original batteries not charging anymore. I have had my Eon Compact for about 8 months and used them around 4 times, now batteries won't charge, just sits with a red battery indicator. Luckily I purchased 2 spare batteries a few months ago, funny thing is that the new spare batteries will charge?? Are the original batteries dead??

• Anton_sAnton_s Posts: 2
    > @MrDaynNite said:
    > Hi, I recently purchased the JBL Eon One Compact, after making some adjustments to the JBL app when i play music that has a heavy bass usage i notice that the Master Volume goes from solid green light to a blinking red light. It doesn’t matter if the volume is set to low or high same result. So when you physically hear the bass you can see the flashing red light. my question is is this normal or is it mean something is wrong.

I've noticed the same and have exact the same question - is this normal or is it mean that speaker is overdriven? Unfortunately still didn't find any affirmative answer. Could someone help with it?
  • Anton_sAnton_s Posts: 2

@Anton_s said:

@MrDaynNite said:
    Hi, I recently purchased the JBL Eon One Compact, after making some adjustments to the JBL app when i play music that has a heavy bass usage i notice that the Master Volume goes from solid green light to a blinking red light. It doesn’t matter if the volume is set to low or high same result. So when you physically hear the bass you can see the flashing red light. my question is is this normal or is it mean something is wrong.

I've noticed the same and have exact the same question - is this normal or is it mean that speaker is overdriven? Unfortunately still didn't find any affirmative answer. Could someone help with it?

Could anyone help, please?

• We're working on changing the logic of the red light indicators, as they currently show clip before system clip or audible clip is detected. This will be deployed in a firmware update. Thanks.

• > @HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen said:
    > We're working on changing the logic of the red light indicators, as they currently show clip before system clip or audible clip is detected. This will be deployed in a firmware update. Thanks.

HI HARMAN, I WILL JUST PUT ON QUOTE ALSO THIS QUESTION THEY HAVE AND THEN PUT MY CONCERN AFTER COPYING THEIR QUESTION HERE BELOW:

HOPE YOU COULD HELP ME HARMAN AND TO ANYONE SHO HAS SAME PROBLEM. I NOTICED THE SAME THING FOR ME, I JUST PURCHASED MY JBL EON ONE COMPACT JUST THIS DECEMBER 15,2021. EVERYTHING IS OK. THE LOUDNESS OF THE VOLUME IS SUPERB AND I DIDN'T HAVE ANY CLIPPING AT ALL. ALSO I KNEW THE INDICATOR OR CLIPPING IN THE KNOB LIGHTS ARE JUST THE LIGHT ORANGE TO RED KIND OF LIGHT THAT JUST PICKS WHENEVER YOU HAVE CLIPPING LIKE ONLY A DASH OF IT'S LIGHT IN THE GREEN CIRCLE LED BECAUSE I TRIED TO PUT THE VOLUME LOUD TO NOTICE WHAT SHOULD BE THE INDICATOR THEN. BUT AFTER THE FIRMWARE UPDATE I NOTICED SOMETHING WAS WRONG. THE LIGHT ORANGE TO RED INDICATOR FOR CLIPPING WAS GONE AND IT WAS CHANGED TO ALL RED LED BLINKING LIGHT WHICH IS KIND OF CONFUSING. BUT MORE OF MY CONCERN IS THE AUDIO. YOU SEE I USE THIS FOR BUSKING, IT WAS NEWLY BOUGHT AND THE FIRMWARE UPDATE WAS JUST S WEEK I BOUGHT IT. BUT WHAT I NOTICED IS THAT BEFORE, MY GAIN WAS JUST A 9 BOTH FOR MIC CHANNELS AND GUITAR ALSO 9 OR BOTH IN THE JBL APP OR IN THE KNOBS. BUT AFTER MY FIRMWARE UPDATE, GAIN TO 9 IN MY JBL APP WAS NOT AS LOUD AS IT WAS ANYMORE AS WHAT I TRIED TO OBSERVED TO LISTEN KEENLY. AND EVEN IT'S NOT TO LOUD BOTH IN THE APP AND PHYSICALLY WHEN I DO SING, THE RED BLINKING LIGHT STILL SHOWS UP. LIKE I WAS SO CONFUSED AND DISHEARTENED. BECAUSE I LOVE THE SOUND WHEN I BOUGHT IT AND USE IT FOR MY BUSKING NEEDS AND MANY WERE ALSO FASCINATED BY THE EON ONE COMPACT FROM AUDIOPHILE KIND OF PEOPLE WHO WERE AMAZED FOR SUCH POWER AND BALANCED SOUND EVEN AT AN OPEN SPACE INSIDE THE MALL WERE I DO BUSKING. I TOO HAVE THIS TASTE OF THIS SOUND AND IT WAS SUPERB EVEN WITH THE USE OF THE PARAMETRICS EQ WAS AWESOME, BUT THEN NOT AFTER THE FIRMWARE UPDATE. IT SOUNDS DIFFERENT, LESS PUNCH AND POWER THE ONES I HAD IT FROM ITS STOCK SET UP FRESH FROM THE BOX. I TRIED HARD RESET OF THE UNIT BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. DOES THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ITS ISSUE FOR THE SOUND OUTPUT WITHIN ITS ELECTRONICS? IT SEEMS LIKE I REGRETTED DOING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE AND I HOPE I COULD GO BACK TO STOCK FIRMWARE INSTEAD. I ALSO NOTICED THE SPEAKER WITH SMALL YET NOTICABLE RATTLES TO ITS SOUND OUTPUT EVEN THE VOLUME WAS NOT MAX OR EVEN I DECREASE MY VOLUME IN MY GUITAR WITH ITS OWN BUILT IN EQUALIZER OR EVEN I TRIED MODULATING MY VOICE AND DISTANCE FROM THE MIC. HOPE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE YOUR HELP AND ADVICE ALSO TO THE TEAM OF HARMAN. ON MY LAST NOTE: MY BUSKING IS ONLY 45MINS PER SET AND I TURNED OF THE UNIT AND BRING BACK THE VOLUME TO ZERO HAVING A BREAK AND TURN IT ON AGAIN TO MY NEXT BUSK, I GUESS IT GIVES A HINT THAT ASIDE FROM IT WAS NEWLY BOUGHT, IT WAS NOT AS USED FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME TO STAY IT ON.
  • @Harman, any news about the latest firmware update that can supress this clipping indication as it’s quite alarming whenever it pops up. The sound coming out from the speaker was not the loud enough but having this clipping light issue
  • > @bogsy_04 said:
    > @Harman, any news about the latest firmware update that can supress this clipping indication as it’s quite alarming whenever it pops up. The sound coming out from the speaker was not the loud enough but having this clipping light issue

This is what I am talking about. I could clearly remember how loud it was before when I bought it fresh from the box, its was superb and crisp and in my individual channel volume was set in the middle both for vocals and guitars. But right after the firmware update. The volume was kind of suppressed and was not as loud as before with no firmware update. Too sad I need to increase the channel volume but right after increasing the red light started to blink, even you were singing not loud enough and far from the mic. What's the problem with the firmware update? Isn't it that this won't affect the sound out put because firmware updates was more of the technical/digital upgrade and not the audio output? @HARMAN_EElde
    @HARMAN_icraigie
    @HARMAN_Chris
    @HARMAN_Jerome_King
    @HARMAN_Rob

PLEASE KINDLY ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. PLEASE.
  • @manafromheaven said:

@bogsy_04 said:
    @Harman, any news about the latest firmware update that can supress this clipping indication as it’s quite alarming whenever it pops up. The sound coming out from the speaker was not the loud enough but having this clipping light issue

This is what I am talking about. I could clearly remember how loud it was before when I bought it fresh from the box, its was superb and crisp and in my individual channel volume was set in the middle both for vocals and guitars. But right after the firmware update. The volume was kind of suppressed and was not as loud as before with no firmware update. Too sad I need to increase the channel volume but right after increasing the red light started to blink, even you were singing not loud enough and far from the mic. What's the problem with the firmware update? Isn't it that this won't affect the sound out put because firmware updates was more of the technical/digital upgrade and not the audio output? @HARMAN_EElde
    @HARMAN_icraigie
    @HARMAN_Chris
    @HARMAN_Jerome_King
    @HARMAN_Rob

PLEASE KINDLY ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. PLEASE.

Try a factory reset and see if that addresses it. You can perform by holding PHANTOM and DUCKING until all LEDS flash and the unit power cycles.

• mccoymccoy Posts: 1
    > @HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen said:
    > Try a factory reset and see if that addresses it. You can perform by holding PHANTOM and DUCKING until all LEDS flash and the unit power cycles.

Hi Brandon, I too just purchased the Jbl compact and the volume led clips at low volumes with bass. I’ve tried factory reset and still the same. Has there been any progress of releasing a new firmware update? Also, what is the current firmware update number as of now 4/28/22? Thank you!
  • ashambastaashambasta Posts: 5
    edited June 2022
    I too purchased the eon one compact. The master volume starts blinking red at not so high volume. Even 1/4th priced JBL Bluetooth speakers play louder.

Is there a fix? If not then JBL should stop selling this useless product and stop fooling people. More importantly @JBL don’t spoil your own reputation. I bought this product just because it was from JBL.

Btw I purchased early this month and the firmware is 5.1.5 and the app says it’s the latest
  • Adjust your gain staging. I'd recommend trying to run your channels higher with your master a little lower. I'll have a firmware update sometime in the fall to address the early clipping but the best way is to start with the gain staging. It's much easier from app.

• > @HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen said:
    > Adjust your gain staging. I'd recommend trying to run your channels higher with your master a little lower. I'll have a firmware update sometime in the fall to address the early clipping but the best way is to start with the gain staging. It's much easier from app.

Hey Brandon,
    Any updates/ info on the Fall firmware update?

A "Mute" button would be phenomenal, and more effects are always welcome (ahem.. compression ...lol).

Still my favorite digital mixer!

For small gigs, it's the perfect all-in-one mixer/PA.

For med/large gigs I don't even use the speaker (I plug a short 3.5mm cable in the headphone jack to mute the speaker), I just use the mixer and run the Thru output to my PA

Thanks 🤘
  • Hi. When is the firmware coming?
  • VernamVernam Posts: 4

I identified this problem independently w/ my new EON One Compact, whose master volume flashes red well below actually peaking or clipping. This leads me to believe the firmware fix was never released. My firmware is up to date, version 5.1.5(201228).

Can HARMAN_Brandon_Knudsen or another Harman staffer confirm?