Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

Lambda driver for mac

Does anyone know if there is a Lambda driver for Mac? I know one is available for Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cain_gessickcain_gessick Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    seriously, does ANYBODY have an answer for this?! the internet has no info anywhere and even Sweetwaters comp list says Lexicon themselves have no comment.
    it’s a simple question: will the Lambda, a recording device YOU manufacture, work with the current mac OS for a recording musician who’s willing to pay for it or not?
    jeez - pulling teeth much?...
  • FidGitFidGit Posts: 1

My question as well. It just about registers with High Sierra but not on Mojave on another, newer Macbook Pro. Assistance, please!

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

Sorry for the delay in response!

The Lambda is a Mac Class Compliant product. There is no driver. Mac OS will recognize it and use it plug and play. Sometimes security settings will prevent it from 10.13 thru 10.15. You can disable these by following this guide:

https://www.zoom-na.com/news/troubleshooting-product-not-recognized-mac-os-high-sierra-1013

This is for a product from Zoom, but it would apply for Lexicon as well to utilize the device

• I'm running Mac OS X 10.15.5 and I can't get my Lexicon Lambda to actually function at all, audio in or out. It sort of shows up as recognized device but it doesn't actually work. Is this fully unsupported? I just bought it and I feel like an idiot for spending money on something that doesn't work at all with current version of Mac OS.

• @usergenic said:
    I'm running Mac OS X 10.15.5 and I can't get my Lexicon Lambda to actually function at all, audio in or out. It sort of shows up as recognized device but it doesn't actually work. Is this fully unsupported? I just bought it and I feel like an idiot for spending money on something that doesn't work at all with current version of Mac OS.

To our knowledge it should work as should the Alpha. What you may want to do is check to see if the Mac OS is blocking it, similar to the process in that Zoom link I posted.

Also double check your bitrate and frequency settings in Audio/Midi Setup Application (not System Preferences>Sound) and make sure it matches your DAW.

• usergenicusergenic Posts: 4
    edited September 2020

It was helpful to hear that this is expected to work. It gave me the push I needed to try some other things on my end. I've got it working now! I was using a bad USB to Type-C converter. I bought a new one and it is working fine now.

🎉

A quick note, the Zoom link is now: https://zoomcorp.com/en/us/news/troubleshooting-product-not-recognized-mac-os-high-sierra-1013/ (the other one doesn't work anymore after revamping their web architecture apparently. However, the Zoom link only seems to describe unblocking System Extensions, but since there's no driver for Lambda that probably isn't relevant now anyways.

Thanks for responding @HARMAN_EElde

Cheers!

• @usergenic said:
    It was helpful to hear that this is expected to work. It gave me the push I needed to try some other things on my end. I've got it working now! I was using a bad USB to Type-C converter. I bought a new one and it is working fine now.

🎉

A quick note, the Zoom link is now: https://zoomcorp.com/en/us/news/troubleshooting-product-not-recognized-mac-os-high-sierra-1013/ (the other one doesn't work anymore after revamping their web architecture apparently. However, the Zoom link only seems to describe unblocking System Extensions, but since there's no driver for Lambda that probably isn't relevant now anyways.

Thanks for responding @HARMAN_EElde

Cheers!

Thanks for the update I will make note of that. Yeah that makes sense it is only the IO Series that needs to adjust the security settings to be able to run cause of the driver. The Alpha and Lambda should be plug and play. The only other time I've seen them not work is the DAW of GarageBand had to be reinstalled.

Glad you got it working!

• Data point: I "upgraded" to 10.15.6 and now it isn't working again after several restarts and fiddling with different cables and adapters. 🤷‍♂️ Will let you know if I fix it. It's registering as a thing but no sound comes in or out, only monitoring sounds. Huh.

• Oh wow I think I just figured it out-- using the app "Audio MIDI Setup", go to "Preferences..." then the "Audio" tab and click on "Enable legacy audio drivers"

• @usergenic said:
    Oh wow I think I just figured it out-- using the app "Audio MIDI Setup", go to "Preferences..." then the "Audio" tab and click on "Enable legacy audio drivers"

Awesome, thanks for the update @usergenic ! I don't have a Mac handy on work from home so this is good info indeed. Appreciate your follow up

• lanerjlanerj Posts: 2

Might be getting a Lambda soon, does anyone have experience with it on macOS 11.5 Big Sur 11.5? Looks like a super awesome bit of gear but I don't want to get it if it doesn't work.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

@lanerj said:
    Might be getting a Lambda soon, does anyone have experience with it on macOS 11.5 Big Sur 11.5? Looks like a super awesome bit of gear but I don't want to get it if it doesn't work.

Last I heard it works fine with Catalina, not sure with Big Sur but the Lambda is a Mac Class Compliant device.

• lanerjlanerj Posts: 2

Thank you for your help! super excited to get this guy and start doing some recording :)