Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

Solutions for macOS Catalina Incompatibility

Hello,
does anybody know how to solve the issue with macOS Catalina and the drivers for Lexicon items?
I have a Lexicon Alpha and it has always worked well until I updated my Mac Book Air to the ultimate version (Catalina). Since then, I have not been able to use my soundcard either with Garageband or Logic and I tried all the possible solutions I looked up online.

If anybody knows something that could help me, I'd be eternally grateful. I am a music student and during the quarantine I had work to do but it got all messed up...
Thank you.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

Hello, there is no driver for the Lexicon Alpha as it is a Mac Class Compliant device. A driver is not needed. What I would do in your case is check the Application called Audio/Midi Setup (this is not the same as System Preferences>Sound) and swap between the Frequency/Bitrate. If yours says 44.1khz 16bit for example, swap it to to 44.1kHz and 24bit and then back, this should refresh the Alpha to be used. You also may need to reinstall Garageband. Sometimes the upgrade installations migrating from previous OS can freeze settings.

If you still need assistance contact for tech support is below in my signature

• Lexicon Alpha also stopped working for me since upgrading to Catalina.
    The iTunes player is always frozen, and there is no sound output anywhere else (Logic Pro X, YouTube, etc.).

I tried setting it to 24 bit and then to 16 bit again, nothing changed.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

@FuzzySlash said:
    Lexicon Alpha also stopped working for me since upgrading to Catalina.
    The iTunes player is always frozen, and there is no sound output anywhere else (Logic Pro X, YouTube, etc.).

I tried setting it to 24 bit and then to 16 bit again, nothing changed.

We've had no wide reported issues with the Alpha and Catalina. However, we've noticed in the past when doing an upgrade, applications for the sound like GarageBand and such would stop working. Doing a full reinstall of the software or OS was what fixed those issues.

• FuzzySlashFuzzySlash Posts: 2
    edited September 2020

EDIT: Nevermind, made a mistake here.

• Well. I'm new in this forum, but in our scholl both 2 Alpha stop to work with all Apple device (2x iMac with Mojave, 1 macbook Pro woth Catalina). The audio intereface is visible, but with output off, and grey (no change available) in the auidoMidi setup. But still work well in Windows. Any idea?