Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Products
Options

Lexicon PCM96 problem - goes silent

I have the PCM96, it works and sounds well for a while (1 hour for example), then it goes silent without any intervention. When this happens, it does a little click (similar to when it locks at the beginning) and then nothing else comes from the outputs. The input vu-meter sees the signal, the lock icon signals locked, but nothing comes out. It does it for any audio configuration (44/48/96) and any program or machine configuration.The sound may return eventually after some time, i couldnt find the solution for that...

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,366

@yazan said:
    I have the PCM96, it works and sounds well for a while (1 hour for example), then it goes silent without any intervention. When this happens, it does a little click (similar to when it locks at the beginning) and then nothing else comes from the outputs. The input vu-meter sees the signal, the lock icon signals locked, but nothing comes out. It does it for any audio configuration (44/48/96) and any program or machine configuration.The sound may return eventually after some time, i couldnt find the solution for that...

Try a reset of the device from the System Menu (I don't have one in front of me but I believe the option is Reset to Factory Defaults option)

Also try to update the firmware via the System Architect software:
    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/softwares/hiqnet-system-architect-v3-4-windows

Failing that if it continues:

I would email hprotechsupportUSA@harman.com and setup service for the device as it likely has a hardware fault.