Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Products

How to set up MX200 to record directly from USB to DAW?

Hello,
I have connected an MX200 to my PC and installed the associated software.

The following works:

• The MX200 is displayed in the Windows device manager as Lexicon Mx200 Control under Audio, video and game controllers.

• I can change the settings on the device with the MX-Edit software. If I make changes to the device, these are also displayed in the software.

What doesn't work right (?)

• When I plug my headphones directly into the MX200, I can hear the effects. The volume is extremely / uncomfortably loud. However, the volume cannot be turned down.

What does not work:

• I don't get the device integrated into my DAWs to record with.

• I also used Audacity software for test purposes. Here the Lexicon software is integrated under Effects -> Mx200 ...
    When I record over it, I only get cracking noises as the result of the recording.

Here is my system setup:
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Version: 20H2

Recording software
Adobe Audition Build 13.0.5.36
Steinberg Cubase LE 11.0.0
Audacity 2.4.2

Lexicon MX200
Firmware: 1.8
Lexicon MX-Edit 2.3.1.1
Connection to PC via USB

I would be happy if someone could give me tips for setting it up in Audition and Cubase.

Thanks in advance!
Daniel

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365

The USB Connection is for Control only, it will not pass audio information. The MX Edit Control Plugin is only to change parameters in the DAW itself. You would need to setup actual audio connections directly to your interface and then setup Hardware FX Send tracks to process Reverb into your DAW

I would not recommend hooking headphones directly up to the MX200

This YouTube video shows you how to setup external effects

https://youtu.be/H-N-9AGlrXk