Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Products

Lexicon PCM92 - no input

The PCM92 won't accept any input signal. No matter what type of source (mic or instrument) I plug into the left or right input, no headroom signal lights (aside from a single green dot on the bottom of the in and out) are generated. There is also no audio signal coming out of the device. No mics or keyboards generate an audio signal.

Mute is not on. When mute is on, the 2 bottom lit green dots on the headroom display disappear.

I am connected via the System Architect portal software, and the device is correctly set for analogue input. I've tried changing the input gain (-10 or +4), no affect. I've also changed the device to digital and back to analogue.

Firmware version is 1.6.4.

I'm mystified.

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

@DarrylHebert said:
    The PCM92 won't accept any input signal. No matter what type of source (mic or instrument) I plug into the left or right input, no headroom signal lights (aside from a single green dot on the bottom of the in and out) are generated. There is also no audio signal coming out of the device. No mics or keyboards generate an audio signal.

Mute is not on. When mute is on, the 2 bottom lit green dots on the headroom display disappear.

I am connected via the System Architect portal software, and the device is correctly set for analogue input. I've tried changing the input gain (-10 or +4), no affect. I've also changed the device to digital and back to analogue.

Firmware version is 1.6.4.

I'm mystified.

The PCM92 needs to have machines loaded in the setup as well to process sound, but also it is not an instrument level processor so plugging a microphone or instrument directly into it is not how it works generally you are going to have the PCM92 hooked into a Mixer in an Aux send/return or an Audio interface.

• Thx. I run a professional recording studio. The Lexicon unit used to work (purchased about 6 years ago), now it doesn't. It's running through a Presonus CS18ai mixer connected to two Studiolive 32ai input bays (for direct recording of 64 channels).

The Lexicon is setup to run a straight basic hall reverb, dual mono setup. Analogue ins.

I just had the power supply replaced in the unit, it wouldn't power up. The new power supply is a Lexicon factory replacement. It will now power up, but no input signal is evident.

Temporarily I've got a Behringer Virtualizer reverb unit in its spot, using the exact same power cord and xlr cabling. Works perfectly.

@DarrylHebert said:
    Thx. I run a professional recording studio. The Lexicon unit used to work (purchased about 6 years ago), now it doesn't. It's running through a Presonus CS18ai mixer connected to two Studiolive 32ai input bays (for direct recording of 64 channels).

The Lexicon is setup to run a straight basic hall reverb, dual mono setup. Analogue ins.

I just had the power supply replaced in the unit, it wouldn't power up. The new power supply is a Lexicon factory replacement. It will now power up, but no input signal is evident.

Temporarily I've got a Behringer Virtualizer reverb unit in its spot, using the exact same power cord and xlr cabling. Works perfectly.

Thanks for further information. The only real troubleshooting step to try at this point would be a factory reset. If it does not work further, then service would probably be the best route.

• thx, how do you perform a factory reset? Could I courier it to your service department if that doesn't work?

@DarrylHebert said:
    thx, how do you perform a factory reset? Could I courier it to your service department if that doesn't work?

From the front panel in the system settings (same place where you would set the network settings etc.) there is an option to Restore Factory Defaults.

To setup a Service case you can email or call the number below in my signature

• I have exactly the same problem. I have put the factory values ​​and still the same. the unit has worked without a problem so far. could this problem be solved?
    Thanks!