Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

PCM Reverb Bundle (closing - it take ages)

I use the Bundle (1.3.9 (Intel) ) with Logic 10.6.2. My problem is, that closing the plug in takes ages. If i have a projekt with many instances of the reverb, it can take 1 or 2 minutes until logic is closing the arrengement. if i drag and drop the lexicon reverb bundle out of my plug in folder and its not longer available in logic, the problem is gone.

this is very annoying. Any suggestions?

authorised with ilok
OSX 11.3.1
mac mini 2018 32gbram
Logic 10.6.2

Comments

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360
    edited July 2021

@dodiebu said:
    I use the Bundle (1.3.9 (Intel) ) with Logic 10.6.2. My problem is, that closing the plug in takes ages. If i have a projekt with many instances of the reverb, it can take 1 or 2 minutes until logic is closing the arrengement. if i drag and drop the lexicon reverb bundle out of my plug in folder and its not longer available in logic, the problem is gone.

this is very annoying. Any suggestions?

authorised with ilok
    OSX 11.3.1
    mac mini 2018 32gbram
    Logic 10.6.2

There will be an forthcoming update that is addressing CPU and slow loading/crashing issues that will be released. Developers are working on it, but no specific ETA as of now.

• Lexicon has known about this problem for over three years and has been "working on it with no specific ETA" ever since.

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,360

@wilburguy said:
    Lexicon has known about this problem for over three years and has been "working on it with no specific ETA" ever since.

Well you'll be happy to know (or maybe not, I'm making no assumptions in anyone's case anymore) that a new version is being tested as we speak. Keep an eye out for updates soon.

• Appreciate the update.

• TaoMengTaoMeng Posts: 12

where is the update? when?soon?

• @TaoMeng said:
    where is the update? when?soon?

We have put the update in for it to be posted to the website. I will announce it when it is available. Any day now.

• dodiebudodiebu Posts: 2
    edited November 2021

I've tried the new version. It's a lot better. The projects in LogicPro close much faster. Before that, i had to wait up to 4 minutes with many Lexicon instances until the project was closed. Now, with the new version the maximum was 22 seconds, with many instances.

It's much better. Whatever, maybe this information will help, for the future. In the OSX task manager, if many instances are open in Logic and you close logic, it says "Logic is not reacting" (for a very short time, 2-5 seconds) before it finally closes, but it doesnt takes ages. Just for information. Logic is closing correctly, Logic dont want to load an "AutoSave" or something after loading the projekt again . It works.

So, it is noticeably better (much better) and it doesn´ take ages anymore, thanks.

LogicPro 10.7.1
    OSX Big Sure 11.5.2 (iam uppdate to monterey if all the third party manufactory are ready)
    Mac Mini 2018 Intel 32GB RAM 1TB SSD

• @dodiebu said:
    I've tried the new version. It's a lot better. The projects in LogicPro close much faster. Before that, i had to wait up to 4 minutes with many Lexicon instances until the project was closed. Now, with the new version the maximum was 22 seconds, with many instances.

It's much better. Whatever, maybe this information will help, for the future. In the OSX task manager, if many instances are open in Logic and you close logic, it says "Logic is not reacting" (for a very short time, 2-5 seconds) before it finally closes, but it doesnt takes ages. Just for information. Logic is closing correctly, Logic dont want to load an "AutoSave" or something after loading the projekt again . It works.

So, it is noticeably better (much better) and it doesn´ take ages anymore, thanks.

LogicPro 10.7.1
    OSX Big Sure 11.5.2 (iam uppdate to monterey if all the third party manufactory are ready)
    Mac Mini 2018 Intel 32GB RAM 1TB SSD

Thanks for the update and report @dodiebu