Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Software

How long should it take to close a project

Hi Harman. First of all - Fantastic reverbs. I love using the whole total bundle.
But am I the only one who has to wait patiently for about 2 minutes for Cubase 12 to close a project where different lexicon plugins have been used?
The same project with other reverbs takes about 2 seconds to close.
Just curious ...
My hardware in the following:
macOS Monterey version 12.3.1 (21E258)
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020
Processor 3.8 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i7
Memory 40 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Daw Cubase 12 Pro
Soundcard RME UCX2

Best regards
Martin

Answers

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365
    edited April 2022

@Mr_Otto said:
    Hi Harman. First of all - Fantastic reverbs. I love using the whole total bundle.
    But am I the only one who has to wait patiently for about 2 minutes for Cubase 12 to close a project where different lexicon plugins have been used?
    The same project with other reverbs takes about 2 seconds to close.
    Just curious ...
    My hardware in the following:
    macOS Monterey version 12.3.1 (21E258)
    iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020
    Processor 3.8 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i7
    Memory 40 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4
    Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
    Daw Cubase 12 Pro
    Soundcard RME UCX2

Best regards
    Martin

Which version of the plugins are you using? The latest 1.3.10?

Also are you using different Reverb types in the different projects? (Hall, Concert Hall, etc?)

Lemme know and I'll see what I can find out

• Mr_OttoMr_Otto Posts: 3

It’s the latest, 1.3.10, august 6, 2021

I must admit that the project I was working on probably had more inserts than needed...
    So I opened another project, completely free of plugins, and inserted the different reverbs one by one to see how closing speed was affected.

7 tracks without any plugins, length of song is 5:10 min.

Time of ending project without any plugins inserted; 1 sec.

Time of ending project with Chamber, as a send channel, without any routing at all; 9 sec.

When I add up the following reverbs, the time increase this way:

Time of ending project with ConcertHall as a send channel, without any routing; 25 sec.
    Time of ending project with Chamber as a send channel, without any routing; 41 sec.
    Time of ending project with VintagePlate as a send channel, without any routing; 1:01 min.
    Time of ending project with DualDelay as a send channel, without any routing;1:14 min.

I can live with this only because these are such great plugins. I have a lot patience ;-)
    But on the other hand, if there’s anything I can do to get a better flow, that would be great.
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm just curious if I'm the only one who has this problem. Because if so, I guess I just have to formatting my computer and start over.

Best regards

• HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,365
    edited April 2022

@Mr_Otto said:
    It’s the latest, 1.3.10, august 6, 2021

I must admit that the project I was working on probably had more inserts than needed...
    So I opened another project, completely free of plugins, and inserted the different reverbs one by one to see how closing speed was affected.

7 tracks without any plugins, length of song is 5:10 min.

Time of ending project without any plugins inserted; 1 sec.

Time of ending project with Chamber, as a send channel, without any routing at all; 9 sec.

When I add up the following reverbs, the time increase this way:

Time of ending project with ConcertHall as a send channel, without any routing; 25 sec.
    Time of ending project with Chamber as a send channel, without any routing; 41 sec.
    Time of ending project with VintagePlate as a send channel, without any routing; 1:01 min.
    Time of ending project with DualDelay as a send channel, without any routing;1:14 min.

I can live with this only because these are such great plugins. I have a lot patience ;-)
    But on the other hand, if there’s anything I can do to get a better flow, that would be great.
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm just curious if I'm the only one who has this problem. Because if so, I guess I just have to formatting my computer and start over.

Best regards

I'll definitely let dev know and go from there. I'm running plugins on my Windows machine and with a beta update and they do not take long to shutdown at all so I assume it's part of ongoing fixes for Mac

• Mr_OttoMr_Otto Posts: 3

Thanks for listening.
    Best regards