Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Products
Options

Lexicon Omega Windows 11 and Mini Mac M1 Compatibility

I've had this device stored away and I want to hook it up to my Windows 11 computer. I'm not sure if it'll be compatible with the 64-bit drivers.

I've been reading things that say it may be possible, but I'm not sure. If anybody can help me let me know. I remember trying and having some difficulty and I put it back in the box before putting a lot of effort.

If there is a way to use it, any help is appreciated. I'm actually more interested in the hardware than the software. Thanks.

On a side note, I'm thinking about getting a mini Mac with an m1 processor. If anybody's had any luck getting it to work on that let me know. It might be pretty cool.

I'm very aware of this product is over 10 years old, however I'm still willing to give it a try.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

@cyansmiles said:
    I've had this device stored away and I want to hook it up to my Windows 11 computer. I'm not sure if it'll be compatible with the 64-bit drivers.

I've been reading things that say it may be possible, but I'm not sure. If anybody can help me let me know. I remember trying and having some difficulty and I put it back in the box before putting a lot of effort.

If there is a way to use it, any help is appreciated. I'm actually more interested in the hardware than the software. Thanks.

On a side note, I'm thinking about getting a mini Mac with an m1 processor. If anybody's had any luck getting it to work on that let me know. It might be pretty cool.

I'm very aware of this product is over 10 years old, however I'm still willing to give it a try.

I have not heard if anyone has used it with Windows 11, but it is working with Windows 10 latest running version.

The Omega is a Mac Class Compliant device so I assume it will still work with Mac OS that uses M1 processors

• Options

Thank you for responding.

What does class 1 compliant actually mean.

• Options

Also, Windows 11 is only 64 bit compatible, it will not work with 32 bit drivers. Are the Lexicon Omega drivers available in 64 bit?

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,367

@cyansmiles said:
    Thank you for responding.

What does class 1 compliant actually mean.

Class compliant means that it is plug and play compatible compatible with Mac OS. Meaning, no drivers are necessary.

@cyansmiles said:
    Also, Windows 11 is only 64 bit compatible, it will not work with 32 bit drivers. Are the Lexicon Omega drivers available in 64 bit?

Windows 11 is only a 64 bit OS (meaning there is no 32 bit version) but it can still run 32 bit applications and drivers still so that is not an issue.

Be aware, the Omega and other Greek series are discontinued though as well as any development life cycle for software or drivers support and we will not be releasing updates or new drivers so keeping that in mind - any newer OS or updates to any OS can render the interfaces inoperable at some point in the future