Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon General Discussion
Options

Advice

I own the hardware versions of the PCM 80 and PCM 90. I haven't really used them since I switched to a DAW. I know I can connect them through my interface, but I don't have digital connections on the box, so I would need to use the AD and DA converters both in and out of the DAW. I know I can use compensation, but before I go through this, I'm wondering how the PCM plugins compare to the hardware quality wise. Also, is there any type of discount for hardware owners who purchase the plugins. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,368
    edited July 2023

@TonyZ3336 said:
    I own the hardware versions of the PCM 80 and PCM 90. I haven't really used them since I switched to a DAW. I know I can connect them through my interface, but I don't have digital connections on the box, so I would need to use the AD and DA converters both in and out of the DAW. I know I can use compensation, but before I go through this, I'm wondering how the PCM plugins compare to the hardware quality wise. Also, is there any type of discount for hardware owners who purchase the plugins. Thanks.

Honestly all recording is digital these days so worrying about A/D/A conversion is not much of a problem. Many people are still running old analog outboard gear with their digital interfaces.

The PCM Native Reverb Plugins compared to the old PCM 80 and 90 are a bit different, they are not as "artifacty" but the PCM Native Reverb plugins do keep in mind the old units and classic reverb sounds but in as so much not really 1:1 representation, nor do we have presets in the plugins based on old hardware units.

You can download the PCM Native Reverb Bundle demo and try it and see for yourself (you will need a USB iLok Key to run the demo)
    https://lexiconpro.com/en-US/pcm-native-reverb-plug-in-bundle-free-demo-download

We do not offer any hardware to plugin upgrade pricing no. Also, currently our Lexicon webstore is not available so you would need to purchase our plugins from one of our Authorized Dealers. In the US I would recommend www.sweetwater.com