Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon General Discussion
Options

I-onix FW810-Any updated Driver for newer MAC or Window OS?

I bought the IONIX FW810S years ago from a local music store, because it was on sale. I didnt know that the product is about to be discontinued. I dont worry about products being discontinued because I believe that a reliable company will keep update of their drivers or firmwares to keep up with newer systems. I have an old M-Audio Interface that I have purchased before 2010 and I am still using it until now, 2023. So, I dont understand why a company with such a big name, Lexicon/Harman, fully stops updating drivers for discontinued items.
I managed to use the 810s after few OS updates, until my computer stopped recognising the interface. Contacted Harman and they just said that they havent updated their driver yet, told me to wait. I really enjoyed that interface so I waited years hoping that at some point lexicon will make a driver for newer MAC or Window system. It seems that there is really no plans for new driver for old discontinued product. Now, this interface sits like a garbage in my home studio, collecting dust. I couldnt sell it because there is no guarantee that a buyer can use it, unless he/she has an old computer with older OS.
So, should I buy an updated Interface? Sure I would, but may consider other brand with good aftersales and longterm support.

Comments

• Options

@VincentCostales said:
    I bought the IONIX FW810S years ago from a local music store, because it was on sale. I didnt know that the product is about to be discontinued. I dont worry about products being discontinued because I believe that a reliable company will keep update of their drivers or firmwares to keep up with newer systems. I have an old M-Audio Interface that I have purchased before 2010 and I am still using it until now, 2023. So, I dont understand why a company with such a big name, Lexicon/Harman, fully stops updating drivers for discontinued items.
    I managed to use the 810s after few OS updates, until my computer stopped recognising the interface. Contacted Harman and they just said that they havent updated their driver yet, told me to wait. I really enjoyed that interface so I waited years hoping that at some point lexicon will make a driver for newer MAC or Window system. It seems that there is really no plans for new driver for old discontinued product. Now, this interface sits like a garbage in my home studio, collecting dust. I couldnt sell it because there is no guarantee that a buyer can use it, unless he/she has an old computer with older OS.
    So, should I buy an updated Interface? Sure I would, but may consider other brand with good aftersales and longterm support.

Unfortunately, the FW810S does not have an updated driver and there are no plans to release one. Lexicon no longer makes audio interfaces so you would probably be better served going with a different brand. I have used Focusrite in the past, and I am now on a Universal Audio setup with an Apollo Twin X. Presonus and Antelope Audio are other viable options.