Home Lexicon User Forum Lexicon Products
Options

Lexicon MX400 freeze at startup!

Hello Helpers,
A problem with my Lexicon MX400.
It used to work good, but now every time I turn it on, it stucks on boot, the LCD screen displays LEXICON MX400 with all messy pixels around, and the other screen shows the 1.2 firmware version... That's it... It stays there all day long!...
I tried to reflash it, the computer detects it, but it says Unrecognizable USB device! So when I launch NetUpdater, it says no compatible device found!
Any help please? Thank you very much!

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_EEldeHARMAN_EElde Posts: 1,368

Try the reset?

Power up while holding the System button. Then let go and press Store.

• Options
    HakimHakim Posts: 4
    > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > Try the reset?
    >
    > Power up while holding the System button. Then let go and press Store.

I did... Even if the LCD doesn't display well when this problem occurred, but I could read the text asking me to restore, then I pressed and hold the store button, the device restarts, but just to freeze again! Same thing!
    I also tried the Store and Bypass combination while powering up, the led screen shows number 06 then shows Up... But when I launch NetUpdater from PC, it's says no device found !...
    please help!
  • Options
    edited February 22
    @HARMAN_EElde
    Maybe my comment didn't put you within a Tag, so please read my reply to you above.
    thank you!
  • Options

Unfortunately, I have no other options for you to try to troubleshoot the device, and the only option would be service, but we are actually discontinuing service on the MX Series here shortly due to no more parts availability due to them being discontinued at the production level for about 8-9 years now...

The other option is that you can contact an Authorized Service Center as well if you so choose for your repair:

https://pro.harman.com/service_centers

Bear in mind Authorized Service Centers are autonomous from our organization and are not required to follow our warranty terms or service fees

Between you and I though, the amount of money you spend on a repair through a 3rd party will likely be more than what the device is worth on the secondhand market...

Wish I had better news for you than this.

@Hakim said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    Try the reset?

Power up while holding the System button. Then let go and press Store.

I did... Even if the LCD doesn't display well when this problem occurred, but I could read the text asking me to restore, then I pressed and hold the store button, the device restarts, but just to freeze again! Same thing!
    I also tried the Store and Bypass combination while powering up, the led screen shows number 06 then shows Up... But when I launch NetUpdater from PC, it's says no device found !...
    please help!

• Options
    > @HARMAN_EElde said:
    > Unfortunately, I have no other options for you to try to troubleshoot the device, and the only option would be service, but we are actually discontinuing service on the MX Series here shortly due to no more parts availability due to them being discontinued at the production level for about 8-9 years now...
    >
    > The other option is that you can contact an Authorized Service Center as well if you so choose for your repair:
    >
    > https://pro.harman.com/service_centers
    >
    > Bear in mind Authorized Service Centers are autonomous from our organization and are not required to follow our warranty terms or service fees
    >
    > Between you and I though, the amount of money you spend on a repair through a 3rd party will likely be more than what the device is worth on the secondhand market...
    >
    > Wish I had better news for you than this.

Thank you so much for your efforts, and mainly for your last advice! I appreciate you being frank with me!
    Kind regards.
  • Options

@Hakim said:

@HARMAN_EElde said:
    Unfortunately, I have no other options for you to try to troubleshoot the device, and the only option would be service, but we are actually discontinuing service on the MX Series here shortly due to no more parts availability due to them being discontinued at the production level for about 8-9 years now...

The other option is that you can contact an Authorized Service Center as well if you so choose for your repair:

https://pro.harman.com/service_centers

Bear in mind Authorized Service Centers are autonomous from our organization and are not required to follow our warranty terms or service fees

Between you and I though, the amount of money you spend on a repair through a 3rd party will likely be more than what the device is worth on the secondhand market...

Wish I had better news for you than this.

Thank you so much for your efforts, and mainly for your last advice! I appreciate you being frank with me!
    Kind regards.

Definitely you're very welcome!