Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

USB output on Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK too low to be usable

Moved from a Mackie mixer to the Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK specifically to be able to output tracks directly to a DAW on my laptop for recording and editing. We produce a podcast with multiple hosts so the input is primarily vocal. Using good quality Rhodes Procaster mics. Output is fine into, say, a Zoom digital recorder from the main outs. However, the USB outs will only provide about -32 db on the computer programs (same for a variety of software, so it's not the software.) This is unusable. I can only get almost close to what I need by cranking the gains to max; even then the sound output is low.

This makes this mixer pretty unusable for us. Before I start asking about this problem in other forums and on our Youtube review I'd like to hear from Soundcraft.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

Have you tried routing the signal to both master and grp 1 and 2, and cranking the 1 2?

• Options
    magrouvemagrouve Posts: 1

Hi, I´m having the same issue with my Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK, very low signal output to my DAW (ableton). I also have a Scarlet 2i2 and the signal comes much more higher than the 12 MTK.

• Options

Even in 2020 I have the same issue! I need to crank up the gain on max to be able to get something through the USB... But that shouldn't be like that!
    Tried with Ableton live on both Windows and Mac, as well as in Garageband. No luck.

• Options

Same problem. Any answers yet?

• Options
    ckvillackvilla Posts: 1

Hi All.

If your Input is low, make sure you have Asio4All installed.

If your output is low, this may help your situation.

I just picked up an MTK12. Plugged in the USB for multi-track. I'm expecting it to behave similar to my MOTU Express. I'm trying to play music from Spotify/DAW on my computer and plugged in my speakers to the Master L/R. I can hear an extremely low level signal but it's definitely just cross talk.

Here is a possible fix.

When the mixer is turned on and USB is plugged into the computer. You will have the choice to choose between Outputs 1/2, 3/4...11/2 under system settings on your computer.

If you look at the mixer, each channel strip has a USB RTRN toggle button right below the Gain knob.

On your computer's system sound settings, choose Soundcraft Line Out 11/12 to be your default > toggle the USB RTRN on Input 11/12 > assign 11/12 to MSTR > bring the input fader up > bring the master fader up.

• Options

Selbes Problem bei mir. Habe das Pult neu und war entsetzt, wie wenig input in meinem Mac mit Logic ankommt.
    Durch das Aufdrehen des Gain fange ich ja Rauschen ein.

Gibt es denn kein Update um das Problem zu lösen?
    So kann ich damit leider nicht sauber aufnehmen.

Notlösung wäre das MTK als Zuspieler in eine andere USB Karte zu nutzen. ( Behringer U-Phoria)
    Selbst das Behringer U Phoria hat ein besseres Nutzsignal. Das kann es doch nicht sein und das hätte ich von einem Soundcraft nicht erwartet. Habe mir das MTK extra für eine CD Produktion gekauft.

• Options
    boyesenboyesen Posts: 1

Problem solved On Mac:

Go to > Audio MIDI Setup > Input > Master (All the way up)

Had this same issue because my input volume slider was at 1/2 which showed -32 roughly on meter in Ableton.

• Options
    yyyyyyyyyy Posts: 1
    > @boyesen said:
    > Problem solved On Mac:
    >
    > Go to > Audio MIDI Setup > Input > Master (All the way up)
    >
    > Had this same issue because my input volume slider was at 1/2 which showed -32 roughly on meter in Ableton.

THANK YOU!! I’ve had this mixer for almost a year & I’ve been struggling with the low USB output levels - very frustrating since it’s been a great piece of gear in all other ways for me. Thought it was a bizarre design choice to cut the level so much.
    I just checked the input level for the mixer in Audio MIDI Setup like you described & yep, it was set to half. Now have healthy levels coming into Ableton across all channels.

(Am also on Mac, if that wasn’t clear from context.)
  • Options

@boyesen said:
    Problem solved On Mac:

Go to > Audio MIDI Setup > Input > Master (All the way up)

Had this same issue because my input volume slider was at 1/2 which showed -32 roughly on meter in Ableton.

Sorry, but in what program do you find 'Audio MIDI Setup'?

We're using a Soundcraft Ui 24R (i think) with an iPad, and the recorded audio from the USB is suuuuper low! Would love to hear how you solved it, because our audio is borderline unusable!