Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Sending playback from Protools to Si impact via USB connection

hakofredhakofred Posts: 1
edited November 2018 in Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Hi. We want to record some drums using Si impact in studio. I have managed to find way to get signal fom all channels into Protools on a Imac via the usb Madi card, but cant find a way to send playback from Protools back into Si Impact.
Without any monitoring its hard to do any recording.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

In advance, thank you

Håkon

Comments

• Options

I have the same question with no resources online to show how to. :|

• Options

It is all about the USB routing. Obviously, the USB output starts at 33 (as Input 1 to ProTools or other software you are using). I believe that the USB input rolls the same way. You will need to calculate the difference and patch correctly back from ProTools.

• Options
    I am having the same issue. I would simply like to route my master fader in pro tools to a pair of outputs on the console for monitoring. Channels 1 through 32 on the MADI/USB card are reserved for the madi portion with use of a stage box. In order for channel 1 to send its direct output to the DAW, yoy have to select madi/usb output 33, and then down the line for the rest of the channels. If you try to patch an output on usb 33, it will unpatch it from channel 1 and that direct output will no longer feed channel 1 in pro tools.

I can't find a way to use my PC internal soundcard as the master out and the board at the same time either, otherwise I would have been fine with routing the PC audio out into a couple spare channels on the board and monitoring that way.

Been at it for hours and tiem for bed now, if anyone has an idea it would be greatly appreciated!