Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Ui24R No input signal on any channel

I am setting up my Ui24R for the first time today. I've got everything connected fine and completed an initial sound check. During my testing etc I inserted a USB stick to test the recording functionality. It worked great, but then I thought I'd like to try the multitrack recording. This didn't record any sound and I've since noticed that nothing is registering on any input meter. I've checked the Gate etc. I've done a full reset, and ensured that everything, including the multitrack settings, were all as they were when I had the sound working earlier but nothing. I've tried sending a new config from the Connected PA, nothing. Any ideas? I suspect there is a setting somewhere I've accidentally changed but I have no idea!

Comments

• Options
    jonljonl Posts: 2

Hah, after fighting this for over an hour, I thought I'd wait until I posted this before I found the solution lol! I'd somehow enabled patching on all channels and simply needed to click the Reset button there. Doh!

• Options

Can we connect an HDD in the USB port for multitrack recording? Experienced users help is much appreciated. TIA

• Options

I'm having the same issue. I'm getting no input signals at all to any channel. Interface seems to be working properly. What am I missing?

• Options
    HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

Can you clarify if you aren't getting Mic inputs to the mixer or is it the inputs to your computer?

@cbutterjr said:
    I'm having the same issue. I'm getting no input signals at all to any channel. Interface seems to be working properly. What am I missing?

• Options

I just bought this, it worked for a day, went to a weekend gig and it doesn't work at all. I get wifi connected fine, all the sliders show it's working, I can start a mp3 from a usb, but no input from mics or the usb show and movement and no sound. no headphones, no aux, no master. My cables are new, as is my mics and they work with other equipment fine. Something is turned off in the board itself (or broken) I've reset and I've updated multiple times today and still nothing.

• Options
    Turn the Master left right and headphone controls up on the front of the unit
  • Options

I found my answer on the youtube page below. I had the Activate Sound Check button pressed on the Multichannel page under the Play tab on Settings. Didn't even think I'd visited that page lol.

https://www.google.com/search?q=no+sound+on+soundcraft+ui24r&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS925US925&oq=no+sound+on+soundcraft+ui24r&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.10294j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Options
    sc_tpr1sc_tpr1 Posts: 5

@feo2neversleeps said:
    I just bought this, it worked for a day, went to a weekend gig and it doesn't work at all.

Sure hope you got that all worked out in the last few months. I know this comment is way to late to help you, but I would advise anyone reading this to not rely on a new mixer for a gig if it can be avoided. I'd even say that for an analog mixer, but a digital mixer is going to have a much steeper learning curve for the interface and there's already too much pressure in a gig to throw those kinds of potential problems in.

• Options

Exactly what @bobsheppard77 said. This past weekend I had this same issue during a gig. The system was in SoundCheck mode, mapping all recorded channels to the output, bypassing the input connectors. My ui24 placed itself into Soundcheck mode after I stopped the multitrack recording. Unaware of this, or the condition it caused, we had to stop playing. Luckily our excellent crowd had fun with our last set A cappella, but what a disaster. Mid-gig is a bad time to try and troubleshoot a ui24. Glad I now know, and learned something new about this beast.