Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Software & Mobile Apps
Options

Bad customer relation

It's a big shame that Soundcraft is not able to provide their customers, ever after about one year waiting, with an update to the offline editor that is compatible with the "latest" version of the firmware for the Si Impact. Caused by this fact you must decide update your desk or use the off-line editor, because after the firmware update you are no longer able to use the offline-editor.
And much more, Soundcraft does not even answer emails about that topic. I call that very bad customer relation.

Comments

• Options

Have you tried calling Tech Support about this? I would recommend a phone call instead of email or filling out an online form.

• Options
    HoHoHoHo Posts: 5

Hi Rob,
    sorry for the late answer.
    But I already tried to find a solution via your German Support with no success. I wrote:

"Guten Trag Herr Gittinger,
    auf meiner Suche nach einem Ansprechpartner bin ich auf der Harman Seite über ihre Email-Adresse gestolpert.
    Als professioneller "Tonmann" habe ich eher selten mit Mischpulten dieser "Klasse" zu tun. Aber vor ca. einem Monat musste ich eine Veranstaltung mit einem Soundcraft Si Impact betreuen.
    Bei der Vorbereitung auf diese Veranstaltung bin ich über eine sehr seltsame Sache bezüglich dieses Pultes gestolpert. Um zu sehen ob dieser, aus meiner Sicht mehr als unprofessionelle, Zustand immer noch besteht bin ich heute noch einmal auf die Downloadseite für dieses Pult gegangen, leider hat sich bisher nicht getan. Was ich meine, ist der Umstand, dass man ein Firmware Update für eine Mischpult herausbringt und mit dem Einspielen der Firmware keinerlei OFF-Line Handling des Pultes mehr möglich ist. Statt den OFF-Line Editor an die Firmware anzupassen wird einfach nur ein Warnhinweis platziert, dass die aktuelle Firmware und der aktuelle Editor nicht kompatibel zueinander sind. Nachdem sich nun wenigstens seit einem Monat an dem Umstand nicht geändert hat, meine Frage betrachtet die Harman-Gruppe so etwas als professionelles Vorgehen?"

And even a phone call with them didn't leed to a solution, and there is still no one up to day, shame on you.

That was the reason for my post.

• Options
    HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230
    edited October 2019

@HoHo if you could, send me a private message with more details. To whom did you send that message? Apologies that I don't read German, and the only "Gittinger" I can see in my HARMAN address book is a Business Development Mgr... not Tech Support. Also include the phone number you called and to whom you spoke on that call.

I'm more than happy to help get you supported and your issue resolved, but would rather you not resort to insults & bashing on our public forum. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.