Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

soundcraft spirit power station mixer left output?

hey guys, i'm new here and i'm not to sure that i'm in the right place. I have sound coming from my left and right speakers but the left side is very distorted and static, but the right side is perfect. can someone direct me where i should look to find why the left channel is so distorted and static? i have my mixer apart and there are no obvious signs of damage or burnt components.i visually checked the power caps for anything unusual, ie; swelling,leaking etc. there is one filter cap that seems to have a bulging top although slight. i'm suspecting the problem to be the filter caps? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options

I am having the same issue with my Spirit 8/40, but the left channel is not distorted, its output level is 40% or the right channel going to the amps. All of the channels have great signal, but the Mix, and all 8 groupls have the very same thing going on. NEED SOME HELP!

• Options
    scytechscytech Posts: 148

OK: shot in the dark: Check insert points; make sure there is proper contact between ring and tip when normalized!