Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Si Exp 2 - Audio despite faders down

Hello all,

I've been having an issue for the last few weeks and it's been driving me crazy ever since!

I've been setting up the monitor mixes for the band and when it comes to the L/R house mix there is audio being sent to the house.

I've got all the channel sliders down, but when I raise the L/R every channel is there at 50% already. I don't get the choice to start from 0%.

Surely when a fader is down nothing should be coming through! This hasn't been an issue for 3 years, but since a "younger" person fiddled with the desk, I've been chasing issues!

I've look through all the settings and nothing is working. Help!

Many thanks,
James

Comments

• Options

Greetings to the forum
    I am with Faith Presbyterian Church in Sun City, AZ. We are installing an Si Impact mixer to replace an old Yamaha GA32. I am new to the world of digital mixers.
    I am having a similar problem to what James_Powell described above where I am getting L/R output to FOH with the faders all the way down. I am testing with the default factory configuration. I have a mic connected to input 1 and using outputs 15 & 16.
    During my testing, I have looked at (and fiddled with) most of the menu items, so it's possible I have changed something I wasn't supposed to. If anyone can suggest something in the setup that would affect this, I would certainly appreciate any help.
    Thanks.
    Bill