Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Signature 22 MTK and Pro Tools 2019.12.0 on Mac OS 10.14.6 only sending back on 1 & 2

courtsongcourtsong Posts: 4

I have successfully recorded with four tracks in. In playing the four track recording back, the only way I've been able to hear the signal is summed to stereo 1 & 2. Within Pro Tools, each track's output is set to Out 1& 2. There is no option in the track's output menu for "out 3" or "out 4", etc. When I set the output to "bus 3" or "bus 4" (corresponding with the track number the recording was made on), I can't get audio output either from PFL or MST. I've gone into "IO" in ProTools and set the monitor page as Analogue 21-22, but that doesn't work to get signal there either.

Is there a way to tell Pro Tools to make the output the individual track on the MTK 22, so I can use the physical sliders for mixing? That seems to be what's advertised as a capability in https://3e7777c294b9bcaa5486-bc95634e606bab3d0a267a5a7901c44d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product_documents/documents/4368_1477353111/Soundcraft_SignatureMTK_RecordingGuide_original.pdf

Will this work? Is there some process I need to complete in I/O setup?

Comments

• Options
    courtsongcourtsong Posts: 4
    edited June 2020

Sometimes formulating the question is the most important step. Indeed, it is some process in I/O Setup. You need to create an individual mono output per track and then drag those new mono tracks into the output matrix in Pro Tools, replacing the default stereo tracks ProTools seems to pick up from the USB connection to the 22 MTK. Once your putput matrix is correct with mono outs per track, don't forget to assign the output track by track in ProTools' mixer view.