Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion
Options

MADI-USB Combo PC audio gain

Hello,
I recently purchased a MADI-USB combo card for my Si Expression, and was successful in assigning all the channels from the mixer to my PC via USB, however I still have an issue.
The audio coming in from the mixer to the PC is very quiet, is there any way to increase the gain on the mixer only for the MADI-USB card without affecting the volume of the mixer's speaker outputs? Thanks.

Answers

• Options

You need to check your audio levels in the mixer. The gains in your sound board should be adjusted so that microphones are brought up to line level, but be low enough that they still have sufficient headroom. This will allow the direct outputs to your recording to have the proper volume levels. Sometimes this requires turning down the speakers so that you can run the board outputs higher. I would encourage you to look in to getting an LUFS meter like the TC Electronic Clarity M and study about record levels vs mastering levels. Multitrack recordings in digital equipment are typically taken at slightly reduced levels to provide more headroom. Somewhere near -18dBFS is pretty standard. Videos on youtube and streaming music is mastered at much higher levels, but EQ and compression are applied to prevent clipping. Anything louder than -18dBFS really needs an LUFS loudness meter like the one mentioned above.

• Options
    andx23andx23 Posts: 1
    edited March 2022
    Estou com um problema no enderessamento de canais , estou usando a ui24 como placa interface,mas não consigo fazer o som do pc sair na ui24 ,mesmo colocando na configuração de pating ,selecionando usb daw canal 3 e4 e saída no canal 23 É 24 não modula , e o pior as veses funciona do nada, até com.o enderessamento errado as veses funciona e não tem instabilidade cai fora logo , o Que pode ser ,meu not ou cabo usb? Ou drive ,sei lá não estou tendo sucesso aqui ,,,preciso de ajuda