Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion
Options

Mechanical connections to Ui24R

I am a noobie awaiting delivery of my Ui24R. I want to install it in an existing rack mount cabinet for a permanent PA system. It is replacing two 20 year old mixers that were hard wired with cable connections on the rear. My question concerns the routing of my new cabling. I will have 17 inputs and 5 outputs all using conventional mic cables running to the front coming from the inside of the rack - Is there enough room in the slots in the faceplate to squeeze the wires through the holes or must I remove a 1U blank plate and run my mic cables and outputs over the mixer?

Best Answer

• Options
    jimharrisonjimharrison Posts: 5
    Answer ✓

In case you are interested. I had move than enough room to run 30 mic cables through the handle/holes on the front face.

Answers

• Options

Short answer is I'm not sure. I think you might be able to . Safe bet is leave 1U space. I would suggest checking out Ui24R User Group on Facebook. Very helpful for things like this and a lot of people posting how they do their racks.

• Options

Thanks for your help. There was more than enough space to route the cables through the gaps.