Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Controlling the Ui 16 from custom software

I'm trying to put together an easy-to-use A/V system for my church, heavily tailored to our exact requirements. I'm trying to remove as much direct human-hardware interaction as possible, so a digital mixer that can be controlled via software would be great. The Ui 16 is a definite contender for this - but I haven't seen any indication of whether it can be controlled programmatically. (Imagine switching microphones with a Stream Deck or Loupedeck Live, for example.)

Obviously it can be controlled via HTTP (HTTPS?) given that it works with a browser - but I'd really love to know if the protocol for that is open and documented. I'd really rather not have to look at the requests and responses from/to the browser and try to work out how to reproduce them in code.

Has anyone done anything like this? Is there a reference guide that I'm missing? If the mixer can only be controlled via an actual browser, using the Soundcraft UI, then I'll need to look elsewhere :(

Jon

Comments

• Options

Jon,

Send me an e-mail to me at Tder@harman.com and I will give you a little background on this.

Best,

Tom

@jonskeet2 said:
    I'm trying to put together an easy-to-use A/V system for my church, heavily tailored to our exact requirements. I'm trying to remove as much direct human-hardware interaction as possible, so a digital mixer that can be controlled via software would be great. The Ui 16 is a definite contender for this - but I haven't seen any indication of whether it can be controlled programmatically. (Imagine switching microphones with a Stream Deck or Loupedeck Live, for example.)

Obviously it can be controlled via HTTP (HTTPS?) given that it works with a browser - but I'd really love to know if the protocol for that is open and documented. I'd really rather not have to look at the requests and responses from/to the browser and try to work out how to reproduce them in code.

Has anyone done anything like this? Is there a reference guide that I'm missing? If the mixer can only be controlled via an actual browser, using the Soundcraft UI, then I'll need to look elsewhere :(

Jon