Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Ui24R no USB

Hi everyone.
Is there a chance to full restore the Ui24R without USB ports working?
I can only connect via USB i/f to the computer.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    AlainB31AlainB31 Posts: 1

Hello

I have the same behaviour, since March did you found a fix with USB not working? Regards.

• Options
    RawJAWRawJAW Posts: 1

I found that the USB port works when USB drive is FAT32 formatted. Larger USB drives require ExFAT formatting. This is not recognized by UI24R. Is there a firmware available or config setting that will enable recording USB t recognize ExFAT formatted USB device for recording?

• Options
    I've just gotten a Ui24R. It's replacing a Ui16 we've used for several years. I think my Ui16 would accept a USB drive of 64 GB capacity for the record drive, but not the play drive, as in reading it. I don't know yet if the Ui24R will be the same in this, but regardless I'm pretty certain there's no update that's going to address the status of the USB requirements.
  • Options
    davidlricedavidlrice Posts: 2

UI24r will accept large drives, however, you MUST reformat the drive to FAT32 with an app, RUFUS is free and works great! Format a large drive as non bootable, Partition = MBR, File system = Large FAT32, Cluster 32kb

• Options
    Thanks David I'll need to try this today on my Ui24R, since I've got a few edits needed to gain and matrix, since settings are slightly different than Ui16. Especially since I'm trying to run setup from the import show from the 16. It got me in the ballpark at least.