Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Soundcraft MT22k start up issue

Hi,

I'm up to my second major issue with the Signature 22 now. a year or two ago I had a problem with the USB connection. The UK affiliate fixed the issue thankfully and all went back to normal.. for a few months that is. Now I'm encountering an issue every time I turn on the desk in the morning.

A strange popping/fart noise starts cycling and crescendo'ing until it eventually pops and fizzles out. WHen it occurs the desk is not available to connect to in my Sound Preferences (Mac Osx) and does not pass any other audio. The blue lights of the fx do not come on either (the fx unit seems to be a major culprit in other people's mt22 problems). This happens every morning when i power up the desk. In the beginning it was a pretty quick process taking a minute or two. Now it takes 30-40 mins.

Has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this issue?
I've contacted UK support but they have not responded. The UK team are working from home according to a pandemic update from the company but I've emailed a second time, perhaps I'll get an answer now.

I have to say I really regret buying this desk and it seems from the many issues that others are having with it that I'm not the only one.

Final question, is anyone using one from the beginning and not experiencing problems? a show of hands might be helpful to everyone on here who owns one or is thinking of getting one. I don't have much faith in this desk being in my studio a whole lot longer so interested to hear how others are getting on too?

Comments

• Options

I hear you. I need a 22MTK type desk but I've heard some quirky things about it and came here to check out the support situation. Your post sums it up. I can't believe that none of these companies can produce an analogue/interface/recording desk that actually works. How hard can it be?

I'm thinking that I'll have to buy separates to make an awesome system. i.e. desk from one company and interface from another. Choose whoever has the best supported gear. Two names pop to mind A&H and RME.

It's a real shame though - the market is wide open for a desk like 22MTK that actually works.

22MTK has been out years and had issues right from the start that haven't been fixed/upgraded.

It's so frustrating.

• Options
    HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

Obviously something is wrong with the mixer and hopefully Sound Technology (UK Distributor) will help get you sorted.

This seems likely to be a Power Supply issue or something in the power cabling. It should only take about a minute for it to come on and pretty much all your comments point to power.

@dunburu said:
    Hi,

I'm up to my second major issue with the Signature 22 now. a year or two ago I had a problem with the USB connection. The UK affiliate fixed the issue thankfully and all went back to normal.. for a few months that is. Now I'm encountering an issue every time I turn on the desk in the morning.

A strange popping/fart noise starts cycling and crescendo'ing until it eventually pops and fizzles out. WHen it occurs the desk is not available to connect to in my Sound Preferences (Mac Osx) and does not pass any other audio. The blue lights of the fx do not come on either (the fx unit seems to be a major culprit in other people's mt22 problems). This happens every morning when i power up the desk. In the beginning it was a pretty quick process taking a minute or two. Now it takes 30-40 mins.

Has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this issue?
    I've contacted UK support but they have not responded. The UK team are working from home according to a pandemic update from the company but I've emailed a second time, perhaps I'll get an answer now.

I have to say I really regret buying this desk and it seems from the many issues that others are having with it that I'm not the only one.

Final question, is anyone using one from the beginning and not experiencing problems? a show of hands might be helpful to everyone on here who owns one or is thinking of getting one. I don't have much faith in this desk being in my studio a whole lot longer so interested to hear how others are getting on too?