Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Stageboxes
Options

Issues with our compact stagebox

Hello!

I'm new here, but I've been using a Soundcraft Si Expression 3 and Compact Stage box for the last 4 years with mostly positive results.

I 3 issues that I wanted to ask about incase anyone else has experience with them.

1) Occasionally the Stagebox is very slow to boot. The error lights are all on for several minutes (5-45minutes) before it finally finishes and connects with the soundboard. This is rare but still disconcerting, because if it happened on a Sunday morning we could be in trouble.

2) Every Sunday during the music the sound system with cut out for milliseconds, not the speakers, because it also happens in the in-ear mix and the live stream. The average person in the room doesn't notice its so quick, but it is really noticeable in the in-ears. Usually its right at the beginning of a set of songs. 2 or 3 times in a row.

3) This last Sunday the soundboard and Stagebox stopped communicating with each other right at the beginning of our worship service. We worked around it by bringing another system into the room, but obviously that was a major issue. About 45 minutes into the service the system started working again. When it initially happened I tried rebooting everything, the Stagebox was really slow to boot (5 minutes) and when it did finally boot it didn't seem to have a connection with the soundboard until about 30 or 45 minutes later.

The Expression 3 is on the latest firmware. They are connected with Cat-6 (100ish run) with MADI cards on both ends.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

There is definitely something wrong with the stagebox and it will need to be looked at by a tech. There is a very small chance that using the recessed config switch on the front panel might fix it. It's worth a try. Slow boot is not a common issue or behaviour.

The audio dropout and communication may or may not be related to the slow boot. In general a 100 foot run of CAT cable would not make the cable quality/spec that critical but again you never know. It is very odd that the dropout is in the ears but not the main PA. I would expect both Aux and Main Outputs to be effected.