Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft General Discussion
Options

Using an external router, why can I not connect my laptop through router to the mixer using wifi?

I connect my laptop to the mixer using the internal hotspot no problem. I then try and switch to my Netgear router(not connected to internet) and I get an error but it seems to connect. When I type in the IP Address of the mixer it just spins and says it cannot connect.

Answers

• Options
    HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

Which Ui Console are you trying this on? More importanly what IP address are you typing in? It's likely you are using the wrong address. You need to enter an address that is in the router's range-NOT the one for the mixer. . Likely it will be something like 192.168.1.xx

For more info check out thsi guide on networking that an fellow user created which is pretty comprehensive. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoundcraftUimixerusers/permalink/1009470085871054/

You main have to Join the UI24R group on FB to get access- easy to do-

• Options
    I am using UI 16, I used 192.168.1.50, as soon as I select my router I get an error message, I even opened a new tab and typed in the IP address. If the mixer is hardwired to the router, I can use WiFi with my laptop, but cannot connect with WiFi if not hardwired. Thanks