Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Using a Line 6 Relay G10 Digital Wireless Guitar System with a Soundcraft Ui16 Mixer

Dear Forum,

I am so frustrated. I have been trying for over a year to get my Ui16 mixer to work. I have done what appears to be everything I needed to do to get it to work. I have configured multiple routers and re-configured my routers to my iPad tablets. I would get to a show and everything worked fine for half of some of my shows but then all hell would let out and I would lose connection on some of my instruments (my digital piano, electronic drum set) or lose connection to the url page and not be able to get back to it.

The last time (and I have called the soundcraft techs numerous times) that I contacted a tech at a show when my mixer had failed us, the tech said that I should try to use the mixer with instrument cables plugged into my instruments and mixer. I guess he was telling me to try this because we had been using Line 6 Relay G10 Digital Wireless Guitar Systems with all three of our guitars, digital piano, and electronic drum set. He suggested this when I told him that we were using the wireless system on our stage. He said that he wonders if our G10 relay 2.4 ghz systems were competing with the 2.4 ghz signal that the mixer runs on. We don't want to test out our cables because we stopped using them for safety reasons (we didn't want anyone tripping on our cables). I wanted to ask all of you on the forum if any of you have tried using the Line 6 Relay G10 Digital Wireless Guitar Systems with your Ui12, Ui16, or Ui24R mixers and had similar issues. In other words, have your Line 6 Relay G10 Digital Wireless Guitar Systems made your Ui mixers not work as they are intended to work?

One other question. I read where someone said that you should disable the SSID so that you don't lose connection or have instruments lose their connection to the mixer. The Soundcraft/Harman techs have told me that this isn't necessary. Does anyone have any advice on this issue?

I would appreciate any advice you all, In the forum community, could give me on these two questions. And no offense, but please don't answer my post if you are a Harman tech because I would like to hear from the forum for a fresh opinion from the forum community at this point.

Thanks,

Andy