Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Cannot complete factory reset of UI24r

LS1977LS1977 Posts: 1
edited February 2023 in Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Hello all. Any insight on this problem would be so much appreciated!

I have an issue with my Soundcraft UI24r mixer. The mixer has been wonderful and stable for me to date. However, at a recent live show it went down after plugging in USB thumb drive for multitrack stem recording.

The USB drive that was plugged was a brand new SanDisk USB stick which I inadvertantly forgot to format. Once I plugged it in, the mixer immediately went down - disconnecting from our wifi devices and the main LEDs slowly cycled from on to off (like when booting after a reset).

Mistakes happen, lesson learned. However, strangely the UI24r will now not allow me to complete a factory reset. I have successfully performed a factory reset on the unit before - as well as done firmware updates without issue.

I have taken the following steps to remedy the problem and it has not been resolved:

On a Windows 11 machine, I downloaded fullreset.txt from the harmanpro website. I also created my own fullreset.txt file on a separate reset attempt.

NOTE: I have confirmed that "view file extensions" is turned ON in Windows file manager - avoiding the possibility of the file being named 'fullreset.txt.txt'.

Regarding the USB thumb drive I used for the factory reset:
- The drive is 8GB
- The drive was tested and is functioning in Windows without problem
- I formatted it properly using FAT32
- When formatting, I did NOT use 'Quick Format' in favor of a proper full format
- I confirmed no files were on the drive (including hidden files) after the format
- I transferred fullreset.txt to the root of the thumb drive and ejected it properly from the Windows 11 machine.

I inserted the USB stick into one of the UI's USB ports (I've attempted the reset trying both ports).

With the mixer powered off, I used a paper clip to engage the reset button (checking to be sure it was completely pressed in).

With the reset button held, I powered the unit on holding the reset button down continuously for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, I released the reset button. And did NOT power off the unit after this.

After releasing the Reset Button, I left the USB stick inserted in the mixer for 3 minutes.

After 3 minutes, I powered off the unit and let it set for at least 15 seconds.

When powering the unit back up, it will not boot - just sitting in a state of the two LED indicators glowing on and off slowly.

This process has been attempted multiple times. I have extended the time past 30 seconds holding the reset button in. Waited longer than the advised 3 minutes once turned on. And left the unit off past the recommended 15 seconds before rebooting.

Additionally, I have tried the process using both USB inputs. And tried both leaving the USB stick in after the 3 minute wait and reboot, as well as removing the USB stick after powering down and rebooting.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    marcopolomarcopolo Posts: 11

Hi,
    I realize this post is a bit old. I hope you have managed to get your console back to work. I had to reset mine. I used an empty fullreset.txt, in the usb-A (recording) slot, held the reset with a small screw driver (for glasses) for only 10 seconds. It worked but all my setups were gone. The next I will save my setups in a json file.
    in my case the date is wrong on recorded file (tomorrow!!)

• Options
    Boa tarde
    Estou com o console na minha igreja da mesma forma, ui24r, ficam os dois led piscando e não inicia. Já resetei, mas fica apenas em "loongin..." Sem contudo iniciar. Vi nas pesquisas que deve ser reinstalado o firmware via USB Pc,mas não tenho esse suporte. Alguém pode me ajudar?