Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Difficulty with LAN config

Got the UI16 mixer this week , and so far spent the whole week trying to get it on the LAN. The architecture seems primitive (browser, not ap), and mostly disfunctional.

Here is where I'm at:

If I use the soundcraft UI AP on my phone, it only seems capable of connecting to DEMO. I monkeyed with settings but it wont seem to find the actual UI. Obviously I don't want to keep my phone LAN pointed at the UI so even if that sorta works, it's not a solution.

If I connect the laptiop WIFI to the UI Wireless server, things work OK. I can configure, change settings, etc. Everything is ducky.

But I don't want to dedicate a Laptop to one device, so I configured the UI to connect to my LAN with a fixed IP. I saved that and rebooted. If I connect to it after that , it shows the LAN as ACTIVE, and it shows the correct IP * 192.168.1.78 shows up and the gateway is correct.

Then I reconnect my laptop to my normal router, and enter 192.168.1.78 in my browser, and it times out saying the server didn't respond. THAT is the issue. Going to ui-mixer.io at this point brings up a SPAM page.

If I then change the LAPTOP back to the UI WIFI server, everything is fine, but that dedicates the laptop to this one device.

Can you advise me what I'm doing wrong?

TY !

A. Newbie

• it also seemed to want to use 168.192.10.26 which is odd , because I have no subnet 10!