Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Input selections not playing in Reaper

ekimtoor111ekimtoor111 Posts: 4
I have a Soundcraft Ui24R digital mixer interfaced to a windows 10 computer running Reaper.

The drivers are correct, I can see the Ui24R inputs and outputs in the Windows Sound properties. I can see the Ui24R outputs on the Reaper input selections on any reaper track. I can see the Ui24R input selections on the reaper master.

I have the windows output device set to channels 21/22 on the Ui24R. The windows master volume shows level and the windows audio appears on the Ui24R channels.

I have the reaper master set to channels 23/24 on the Ui24R. I load a reaper project, start it to play and the audio passes perfectly from the reaper master to the Ui24R channels I have assigned it to.

Wonderful! I think to my self. Now let’s go the other direction and bring some Ui24R audio into reaper. I Insert a reaper track and select an input channel pair on the Ui24R where I have an iPad playing iTunes. I arm the reaper track. Nothing. No matter what pair I select for the track I get nothing. I tried patching in the mixer to the DAW (which shouldn’t be necessary) channels, nothing there either.

Can you help?
Mike

Comments

• Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 157

bring some Ui24R audio into reaper. I Insert a reaper track and select an input channel pair on the Ui24R where I have an iPad playing iTunes. I arm the reaper track. Nothing. No matter what pair I select for the track I get nothing.

Which channel did you use ?
    That USB-DAW feature has 32 IN 32 OUT.

[ DAW -----> UI24R ] direction needs patching at the mixer.

[ UI24R ----> DAW ] direction doesn't need optional patching. ( Actually it's changeable but Soundcraft doesn't offer the method in their interface. )
    The default patching is below.
    1, MasterL
    2, MasterR
    3, Aux1,
    4, Aux2,
    ;
    ;
    10, Aux8
    11, HW In 1 Direct out ( post AD converter, pre patching )
    12, HW In 2 Direct out ( post AD converter, pre patching )
    ;
    ;
    32 HW In 22 (RCA IN R) Direct out ( post AD converter, pre patching )

If you have already understood then you did well, I guess the problem is reaper's setting.

You may confirm this feature with WavesTracksLive.
    It is a simple MTK recording freeware.
    There is a switch for MultiOut and StereoOut in the Preferences.
    This is the best software to check the USB-DAW function in this unit.
    Then try the Reaper again.