Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Ui24r - lost connection to DAW

Hello
I have just bought the Ui24r (it is already on version 3.3) and had set it all up and was very excited that I had downloaded the audio drivers for my laptop running Mixcraft DAW and when I plugged it in through the USB IF port it all worked!! Fab! So it was playing through the Ui24r along with mic input, other instruments etc. all great.
Then I tried to use the record function, which (once I had plugged in a memory stick) worked well just recording to a wav file. Great.
I then tried to use the "multitrack" recording function and clicked record it gave a message about no MTX tracks set up (or similar) and wouldn't record. Then when I came back out nothing was working / playing through.
I have since managed to get the line inputs working (i.e. mics, drums etc.) but the DAW won't play back and the channels it was on (it came through on 20/21 in the DAW) no longer show any sliders etc.
I can't now get the DAW to play back.
The laptop sees when I unplug the USB cable from the USB IF port and tells me the number of udio ports has changed and then when I plug it back in the laptop again sees it is now there and the list of ports/IO is on my laptop, but I cannot get any sliders on the Ui24r. The channels 20-24 have no sliders.
I tried using a different IO into 3&4 but no joy.
So frustrating! I have tried even to get the Ui24r to do a reset but either I did it wrong or it hasn't worked.
Can anyone help me please? I know this is a fab bit of kit and it was working, but I have no idea what I did to stop the Ui24r from recognising in the interface (i.e. on the tablet) that the DAW is there and to play it through??!!

Help!

Thanks

Chris