Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Panning stereo linked channels

First of all, apologies if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find any related posts, but I am new here, so I could have missed them.
I would like to know if there is a way to pan stereo linked channels. They are by default hard panned L-R (as they should be) but the faders are also locked at the same level, which makes it impossible to adjust the relative output of both channels and therefore changing the overall panning of the signal. Perhaps a dedicated subgroup for that stereo channel alone (not ideal)? I would much rather not break the stereo link between the 2 channels if possible.
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 160
    edited December 2023

This discussion board for Soundcraft mixing console is not for any of specific mixer. Nobody knows what mixer you are asking about.

If it was a stereo channel instead of linked 2 channels, it may be balancing pot instead of pan pot then it can't do as same as each of panpot of the linked 2 channels.

However, at least many mixing consoles are able to readjust each panpot after those channels had been linked. Some of mixers can select items what you want to link individually as faders, EQ, Comp, gate, Analog headamp, digital gain, and ALL .etc.

Yamaha's digital consoles ( excuse this is out of this discussion board ) can permit to break the link the link temporary by adjustment while pressing a SEL key long as well.

It depends on the mixer.

• Options
    The question referred to a Souncraft UI24r mixer.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 160
    edited December 2023

Ui24R can readjust each channel pan-pot after they have been linked.

Although their faders are always linked, head-amp gain are not linked.