Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

ui24R Multitrack Playback not working

Hi there, hier is my issue with Multitrak Recording

My ui24r cannot play any multitrack sessions back. It means, when I do record with multitrack and I plug the USB-Stick into the Laptop I do see, as expected, all the separate files, everything is fine.
But if I want to play that Session via UI24r is not coming any sound out of it. I see the Session name, I see all tracks, everything is fine, but if I press Play the timer starts but no sound is coming out (volume of Player Tracks and Master to the max)
Any help?

Comments

• Options
    GertGert Posts: 2

Somehow it appears they get corrupted in a pc. I put the USB in my mac and erased one track on every song because it was empty, our other singer was absent that day. Suddenly they wouldn't play in the UI anymore. I don't know if that happens when you don't edit anything on the USB.

There's a Soundcraft UI Session Maker app for most OS's that makes them work. You can number the tracks to have them in a certain order again, but it doesn't skip tracks when you skip a number. You have to add .wav files numbered to the empty tracks. I made a silent .wav file, duplicated to the numbered tracks in the folder and ran it through Session Maker. Now they work, but I feel it's a bit of a workaround. Session maker converted them to flac but they didn't seem smaller.

• Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 158
    You need to change the patch.
    As a default setting, SoundCheck mode patching is set to playback multitrack from the stick.
    So, what you have to do would be pressing the green button of “ACTIVE SOUNDCHECK”. It’s in the same window for playback multitrack.

After the playback, do not forget to deactivate the soundcheck mode.
  • Options
    Aldo83Aldo83 Posts: 3

@Gert said:
    Somehow it appears they get corrupted in a pc. I put the USB in my mac and erased one track on every song because it was empty, our other singer was absent that day. Suddenly they wouldn't play in the UI anymore. I don't know if that happens when you don't edit anything on the USB.

There's a Soundcraft UI Session Maker app for most OS's that makes them work. You can number the tracks to have them in a certain order again, but it doesn't skip tracks when you skip a number. You have to add .wav files numbered to the empty tracks. I made a silent .wav file, duplicated to the numbered tracks in the folder and ran it through Session Maker. Now they work, but I feel it's a bit of a workaround. Session maker converted them to flac but they didn't seem smaller.

No, I don't think this is the problem.
    The files are ok
    I record MTK
    I try to Play MTK without pluggin out the USB: no sound
    I plug the USB into my MAC: it works
    I plug the USB back into my UI24r: no sound

• Options
    Aldo83Aldo83 Posts: 3

@TAICHEE said:
    You need to change the patch.
    As a default setting, SoundCheck mode patching is set to playback multitrack from the stick.
    So, what you have to do would be pressing the green button of “ACTIVE SOUNDCHECK”. It’s in the same window for playback multitrack.

After the playback, do not forget to deactivate the soundcheck mode.

It works! Thank you a lot