Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Signature 12 MTK audio interface problems

Hello,

I recently bought a Signature 12 MTK. In my great wisdom, I decided that I didn't need to read the user manual. Therefore, I didn't read that the power supply is located at the bottom of the device. Since there are two USB ports on the top, one of which is marked with a lightning bolt, in my all-knowingness, I assumed that this was the power supply and connected a USB power adapter. I connected the other USB port to my computer after installing the appropriate drivers. To my boundless amazement, the interface did not appear in my DAW nor could it be found in the device manager. After reinstalling the driver several times and trying other things, I then lifted the device and noticed the power connection at the bottom. This gave me the terrible suspicion that I might have fried the audio interface by connecting the power supply to an outgoing power supply. Is there anything to this, or should it not have such dramatic consequences? If so, how can I fix it? Is there perhaps a fine fuse upstream?
By the way: I am using Windows 11