Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Soundcraft UI 24r Hardreset??

tried even renaming the fullreset.txt to only fullreset as some have mentioned.... I never get past the blinking green lights and the monitor is at the loadup screen saying "loading..." but never moves past that regardless of how long i've waiting to power down.
Firmware 3.4.8318-ui24.
best Regards Jacobus

Answers

• Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 159

That file name must be fullreset.txt.
    If your PC setting was hiding the extension, it looks like fullreset, though.
    First, you should do is confirming the setting of your PC.
    Just set it as to show the file extension.
    Then the file name must be "fullreset.txt" instead of "fullreset" nor "fullreset.txt.txt".

This is a different matter.
    When the device is hung up, please remove all of USB and HDMI device.
    Turn off the power then wait few minutes.
    Turn on the power will make it starts blinking the green lights for few seconds then blue light turns on.
    After you confirmed the unit can boot up well, go the next to reset.
    If it doesn't go to blue light step, ( still staying the green blinking ), your unit is failing the boot.
    Probably internal fuse chip is blown by over loading 5V, I guess.
    ( USB and HDMI and internal WiFi and the main system spend the DC5V power line ).
    If the fuse ( at "F1" letters printed around the CPU board ) was blown, you should repair this first before the kind of resetting. It needs soldering and a chip to replace.
    ( I've seen an information that some of units are using a zero ohm resister instead of the fuse. You can bypass the place of this chip by wire if it was zero ohm resister and that resister was broken. )
    Some people might bypass this fuse with own responsibility.

Otherwise take it to the repair shop.

• Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 159

File extension means that the last part of a file name as dot and some letters.
    Windows and Mac OS has a function to hide it for kids.
    Because the file extension is significant to all of softwares detect the file format.
    If the kids changed the name from picnic.jpg to hiking, it becomes unreadable file as no file extension. It must be hiking.jpg because it is still jpeg file. Computers understand the file format with reading that file extension part of the names.

It's in the view menu option in Windows and Mac OS.