Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

I need help!

Hello, good afternoon!

I am contacting you because I need help with an issue related to the Soundcraft UI24R. The technical support in my country (Spain) is not of a good level and they do not provide solutions. I explain my case: I have a band of 4 musicians (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass and electronic drums) connected to the Ui24R mixer, we use in-ear for monitors and I play tracks recorded on a pendrive inserted into the USB REC of the mixer .
My question: Can I record on a Mac laptop with Logic Pro x connected to the USB I/F port while playing the tracks from the pendrive and the band playing? And if so, what would the configuration be like?
I can't find any information about my case, I have sent an email to Harman and they have not responded. The truth is that I am quite lost. If anyone knows I would appreciate the help. Thank you very much and greetings!

Comments

• Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 160
    edited March 25

As their user manual describes, USB-DAW multitrack is not able to record the USB pendrive multitrack directly. You'll need to waste aux buses for that recording but it might take your monitor aux away because Ui24R only has 10 AUX.

So I suggest you to use that Macbook for playback. USB pendrive multitrack can record the USB-DAW. Or you can use only a Macbook for playback and recording simultaneously without USB pendrive usage.

• Options
    esepibe56esepibe56 Posts: 3

Hello TAICHEE!
    Thank you very much for your comment, I will start testing using only the Macbook to play and record simultaneously although I am not sure how to configure it. Greetings!

• Options
    TAICHEETAICHEE Posts: 160

It's same as you do the over dub recording without Ui24R.
    Place the pre-recorded tracks for playback. If you like fully multi out, you may set OUTPUT at the Logic then patch it into channels at Ui24R's patch. You may also make some pre-mix of your 8tracks multi into 4mix for example.
    Your HWINS are always going to the Logic input #11-32. Just record it to the new tracks but don't make them pass through.

• Options
    esepibe56esepibe56 Posts: 3

Hello TAICHEE!
    Thank you very much for your comments and your time!
    In the end, before reading you, I looked on the Harman website and saw this article (https://help.harmanpro.com/ui24r-multitrack-recording-with-a-daw) that helped me understand the input configuration and output from the DAW and the Ui24R. Once again thanks and greetings!