Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles
Options

Soundcraft mkt signature 12 right channel dead?

Had this mixer less than 5 years. Totally reliable absolute centerpiece of my studio. Love it. Had not used it in maybe 4 months due to time constraints. Went to flip it on today and the right channel seems totally dead? It’s not sending any audio to my right monitor even even aux is on and I use the effects to do some stereo stuff. The vu meter shows no sound on the right channel. Left is perfect and jumping around all over with my levels. Right nothing.

What I checked:
- the monitor in question works when plugged into left channel
- same with the cable
- turned off all busses, aux, routing etc. diagnosed exactly as the manual said.
- stereo channels only output thru master on left, when sending it to an aux and using headphones I am getting sound from both left and right, but it’s a mono reproduction of the left channel in both cans.

I really have no idea what’s up. I’ve done so many stupid routing mistakes over the years only to eventually figure it out. So I feel like there could be something head smacking obvious here but I’ve spent hours with it and tried everything! I re read the manual and everything. Totally at a loss. Any one have a similar experience or any advice on what to try next? Thank you so much.

Comments

• Options

Not unheard of.. one capacitor to check in the output path.. C509.