Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

Notepad 12FX Connection and Audio Issues

I'm about ready to throw this thing into a trash compactor and need some help. I'm having problems getting this thing to connect when i use an actual usb 2.0 port. I run windows 10 home, everything is up to date and i've even completely wiped and reinstalled windows on my machine.

1st Problem: board is powered on, i plug the USB cable in to the computer, the device keeps flickering as active and then gone, just constant flickering. can't get it to show in audio devices under windows device manager, but shows up as soundcraft 2.0 usb device sometimes. this occurs when i plug it into an actual usb 2.0 port.

2nd Problem: plug it instead into a usb 3.0 gen 1 port. device connects and appears just fine in device manager and seems to actually work. problem now is i get intermittent light popping in the audio, and fallout when recording longer sessions. i use this for podcasting, no instruments are attached.

my windows 10 is completely updated. i read somewhere that nvidia drivers may affect the things and uninstalled and simply using windows default drivers. this is also a completely clean install of windows 10 with really only the mobo audio driver and chip set drivers installed outside of the most up to date notepad 12fx drivers installed from harmans website.

i use the sound board for a podcast and we like to be able to mix audio from youtube or a beat pad, but mainly just want things to run smoothly without the popping and audio fall outs when recording long stints. i've bought a new usb 2.0 cable thinking that had something to do with it, but i'm beginning to be convinced this thing is a pile of $h!t that just isn't going to work with windows 10. would also point out i used this same board on a windows 7 machine before upgrading and it seemed to work fine then.

is there a windows setting the change somewhere? is there something i'm missing? i want to be wrong so i can find a fix and this thing will just work without weird issues. losing faith on this.

Comments

• More or less my experience as well. Works well on windows 7 on an old laptop. On my Win10 desktop I can listen through it for a minute (with popping) and then nothing. No error messages no nothing. DAW says audio device closed or cant open audio device.

If anyone is reading this and not sure wheter to get this mixer, DONT. Its a total POS. Get a 4x4 usb audio interface instead, TASCAM makes a cheap one. Support is crap, still waiting for answer to my ticket I sent 6 months ago. Drivers are utter garbage. I repeat DO NOT BUY!

• Best idea is if you're in the US is call tech support at +1 (844) 776-4899- option 2. Prior to release of the 2.04 Firmware there were definitely issues with Windows 10 but i haven't heard of anything since that release. However i 'm a few steps removed from the small mixers so the folk in tech support should have a better handle on any current problems.

@uncledad said:
    I'm about ready to throw this thing into a trash compactor and need some help. I'm having problems getting this thing to connect when i use an actual usb 2.0 port. I run windows 10 home, everything is up to date and i've even completely wiped and reinstalled windows on my machine.

1st Problem: board is powered on, i plug the USB cable in to the computer, the device keeps flickering as active and then gone, just constant flickering. can't get it to show in audio devices under windows device manager, but shows up as soundcraft 2.0 usb device sometimes. this occurs when i plug it into an actual usb 2.0 port.

2nd Problem: plug it instead into a usb 3.0 gen 1 port. device connects and appears just fine in device manager and seems to actually work. problem now is i get intermittent light popping in the audio, and fallout when recording longer sessions. i use this for podcasting, no instruments are attached.

my windows 10 is completely updated. i read somewhere that nvidia drivers may affect the things and uninstalled and simply using windows default drivers. this is also a completely clean install of windows 10 with really only the mobo audio driver and chip set drivers installed outside of the most up to date notepad 12fx drivers installed from harmans website.

i use the sound board for a podcast and we like to be able to mix audio from youtube or a beat pad, but mainly just want things to run smoothly without the popping and audio fall outs when recording long stints. i've bought a new usb 2.0 cable thinking that had something to do with it, but i'm beginning to be convinced this thing is a pile of $h!t that just isn't going to work with windows 10. would also point out i used this same board on a windows 7 machine before upgrading and it seemed to work fine then.

is there a windows setting the change somewhere? is there something i'm missing? i want to be wrong so i can find a fix and this thing will just work without weird issues. losing faith on this.

• Did you find a solution? . I have purchased a 12fx notepad and installed the 2.0.4 driver, but I was able to use the output driver but the input driver did not.