Home Soundcraft User Forum Soundcraft Mixing Consoles

SI Impact not loading shows

Using an Impact for a few years now, and some loading problems are starting to emerge. I am shifting between setup with analog stagebox and setup with VI stagebox through MADI-CARD.

1) When using Isolates in one show, they seem to prevail when loading a new show. Isolates settings should stay within the show loaded. Has anyone else had this?

2) Lately I cannot load any show at all. The display flickers shortly when I try loading a show from internal memory or USB, but stays on the show present upon boot up.

Thinking about wiping the SD card, but not sure wether I should upgrade firmware. Currently running 2.0.

I would really appreciate any input you might have on these issues.

Thanks

-Lars

Comments

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

I would backup shows to USB and then clear the SD Card. If that doesn't work i would try replacing SD Card. I can't remember what ISO behavior should be on Si show files and will have to research.

@Sorkin said:
    Using an Impact for a few years now, and some loading problems are starting to emerge. I am shifting between setup with analog stagebox and setup with VI stagebox through MADI-CARD.

1) When using Isolates in one show, they seem to prevail when loading a new show. Isolates settings should stay within the show loaded. Has anyone else had this?

2) Lately I cannot load any show at all. The display flickers shortly when I try loading a show from internal memory or USB, but stays on the show present upon boot up.

Thinking about wiping the SD card, but not sure wether I should upgrade firmware. Currently running 2.0.

I would really appreciate any input you might have on these issues.

Thanks

-Lars

• SorkinSorkin Posts: 2

Thanks for your answer.

The SD card had shifted out of its slot by just a millimeter or so, and when pushed back into place, using a metal pin through the front grill just under ch 24, I could load shows again.

There seems to be a workaround with the ISO's.
    Before closing a show with isolates, it must be saved, and under System, Reset Channels and Reset busses must be pushed, and then the ISO's shouldn't stay when loading another show. I wish there was a global setting though where one could choose one or the other.

Cheers

-Lars

• HARMAN_TderHARMAN_Tder Posts: 184

Good to hear. I forgot to mention the push the SD card in trick. What happens at the factory is the card - once inserted-has cellophane tape placed over it to help hold it it. If the card is not properly inserted then the tape holds it in until the tape flexes or releases and then the card comes out enough so it can't be read.