Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Change port 10500

Hello, How can I change this port in NI-700 (firmware v.3.12.335) The manual says it?s possible.

Comments

• Hello, How can I change this port in NI-700 (firmware v.3.12.335) The manual says it?s possible.

This is a 2-step solution.
    Step 1:
    In the html files converted by TPDesign3, you'll find an html file which has the same name as the TPD3 file (MyPanel.tpd -> MyPanel.htm). Open this htm with an editor and modify the following line
    <param name="connectport" value="10500">

Value is the port for G3 WebControl.
    Download the modified file manually to the master by ftp into the corresponding folder.

Step 2:
    One of the files generated by html conversion of TPD3 is named wdm.conf. Open this file with an editor and modify the following line:
    PERSIST_SRV_PORT 10500

Use the same number you have defined in the "MyPanel".htm. Save the file, and download it manually to the corresponding folder on the master by ftp.

That's it.
  • This is a 2-step solution.
    Step 1:
    In the html files converted by TPDesign3, you'll find an html file which has the same name as the TPD3 file (MyPanel.tpd -> MyPanel.htm). Open this htm with an editor and modify the following line
    <param name="connectport" value="10500">

Value is the port for G3 WebControl.
    Download the modified file manually to the master by ftp into the corresponding folder.

Step 2:
    One of the files generated by html conversion of TPD3 is named wdm.conf. Open this file with an editor and modify the following line:
    PERSIST_SRV_PORT 10500

Use the same number you have defined in the "MyPanel".htm. Save the file, and download it manually to the corresponding folder on the master by ftp.

That's it.

I have modified both files but it don?t work fine. The java logo is running and the application don?t start ??????
  • What TPDesign3 version are you using?
    v3.16 Build 200 is required.

What version of Java are you using?
    It's recommended to use J2SE v1.4.2_04 JRE or higher, we use _12. Link: http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2re-1.4.2_12-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
    It may work with Java 1.5, but the TPD3 jar files are designed for 1.4.2.

If you use a Duet master (firmware v3), it may be required to enlarge the Duet memory.
    Check by terminal or telnet:
    >set duet mem

Duet Memory: 10M
    Enter new Duet Memory size (between 2M and 36M):  10
    Duet Memory set to 10M
    >

• What TPDesign3 version are you using?
    v3.16 Build 200 is required.

What version of Java are you using?
    It's recommended to use J2SE v1.4.2_04 JRE or higher, we use _12. Link: http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=j2re-1.4.2_12-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
    It may work with Java 1.5, but the TPD3 jar files are designed for 1.4.2.

If you use a Duet master (firmware v3), it may be required to enlarge the Duet memory.
    Check by terminal or telnet:
    >set duet mem

Duet Memory: 10M
    Enter new Duet Memory size (between 2M and 36M):  10
    Duet Memory set to 10M
    >

Netlinx Studio 2.5.0.163
    Tpdesign 3.16 b200
    Java 1.5.0_09-b03
    Duet Memory set to 12M
  • I think Java 1.5 is the problem. If you don't need 1.5 for another application, I recommend to downgrade to 1.4 (not necessary to uninstall Java 1.5 before).

On my PC here I use 1.5 now and it works fine, but maybe it does because I had installed 1.4.2_12 in the past and then later installed 1.5 over 1.4.
  • ok, i will try it
  • With Java 1_4_2_12 fails too.

I can?t change port 10500 ... !!!!!